Short interview with Bernd

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Seon
x4

Short interview with Bernd

Post by Seon » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 18:22

While browsing this section, and occasionally posting, I took some of the most talked about stuff and decided to send Bernd an email.

http://gaminghud.com/game-news/short-in ... om-egosoft

Enjoy. :D

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 18:27

Eh ... is it me or the third Q&A is like asking someone what he wants to wear and he answer he want to eat ice-cream?

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 18:42

@Mightysword

Yep, thought so, too. To me it looks like a copy&paste error, like there is a Answer-Question-pair missing.

Btw - this one is the most interesting paragraph, so a "fix" would be appreciated :)

Nevertheless, thanks for interview =)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Seon
x4

Post by Seon » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 18:46

Ah yeah, I'll fix my errors lol. I was just so excited that I got a response (Bernd is my first interview ;) ) that I kind of rushed the posting.

Seon
x4

Post by Seon » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 18:50

Alright, I fixed it. Thanks for pointing that out lol.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 18:57

Aldath: And one final thing, do you have any thing to say about some sites marking down X Rebirth as a Q4 2011 release? I myself have found that Gamespot has it marked down as this, yet to my knowledge you have not said anything on the forums to confirm that you are looking at this date.

Bernd: The game will come out in 2012, definitely not in Q4 2011. Feel free to correct them.
Interesting statement, since both the developer & publisher have the wrong dates on their websites! Other than that, thanks for the extra tidbits of info!
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

Seon
x4

Post by Seon » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 18:59

You're welcome everyone :)

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 19:06

That was useful - thanks for that!
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 19:28

Re: single ship and owning capital ships.

The keyword that Bernd used here is "Control", as in you CAN own and CONTROL as many as you want capital shps. He did not use the word FLY. So you can control but cannot fly them. The only ship you can fly is the player ship.

Sareth01
x3tc

Post by Sareth01 » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 20:03

well, from what i've seen from his interviews it seems that your player ship is akin to your "home ship" and you interact with the universe from the "relative"(relative to other X games) safety of your ship. So the ship is just an extension of your person that you can leave but you will always have an attachment to.

I foresee this making the X games overall much easier to play, yet at the same less frustrating.

The old game was bogged down(in my opinion) by a Death reload last save cycle that was common in the 80's - 90's but has proven to not be an enjoyable game model over time. It just gets old! Instead you could (and should) face greater financial loss as drones should be expensive and difficult to replace. In this manner you would be penalized for death via drone control and yet not have to revert to saved games every time you die!!

Thank God for getting rid of that annoying aspect of the game egosoft!!

I believe with the increased tactical/strategic additions to the game that the aforesaid "easier to play game" will be made to be quite difficult for those that wish it to be difficult.

The point being that it gives the players more control of their difficulty settings so that they can choose the game that they want to play.

I can see why egosoft made this move, and honestly they are keeping with the times and expanding their market, something that most companies try to do.

I give Egosoft a big BRAVO for sticking with PC games and risking piracy, and I have greatly enjoyed their single player experience provided in X3TC through my purchased copy.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 20:27

Hmmkay.
So you can not build / alter highways, which makes deep space in XRB as useless as in TC.

There goes exploration.
If it hasn't been explored already (aka a highway built), you can not discover any interesting uhh... real estate because it would stay forever "too far out to be worthwhile".

Besides the updated release date, Bernd took great care not to answer any of the other questions. =P
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 20:35

If you can't build a highway off the beaten track, then maybe the other
races can't either.

I can see an advantage of that.

I'd like to build a nice illegal weed/booze/slavegirl/squash mine plex
knowing the bad guys (whoops, I mean the authorities) aren't going to find it.

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 20:43

Nice interview :)

I'm thinking that player ship might actually be a bit misleading and it might be better to refer to it as your headquarters ship because now it's confirmed that it can't be made the most powerful ship in the game (or even close for that matter) and I've also read that you can use it to dock on larger ships, get out and walk around those as well so presumably you can dock on a carrier for example, walk to the carriers bridge and have a conversation with the captain while en route to it's destination.

Which effectively makes the carrier the players ship now.
Last edited by shireknight on Tue, 4. Oct 11, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 20:55

...or it could be that player ship causing all the fuss is the game's UI packaged in a cleaver way.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 21:42

brucewarren wrote: I'd like to build a nice illegal weed/booze/slavegirl/squash mine plex
We don't even know if you can build these items anymore, they haven't really gone into any detail on types of economic resources that are available.

Decimatarius
x4

Post by Decimatarius » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 23:07

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:
brucewarren wrote: I'd like to build a nice illegal weed/booze/slavegirl/squash mine plex
We don't even know if you can build these items anymore, they haven't really gone into any detail on types of economic resources that are available.
Theres always going to be contraband resources and i suspect that the types of resources will not change all that much, there may be some ballencing of whats required to produce example: Product 1 needs X amount of resource A and Y amount of resource B.

However i do see Engergy cells becoming more obsolete because you can just build solar pannels on your station as its all modular so aslong as the power is on it will run but there will need to be an internal ballencing act of supply and demand a bit like the C&C base power thing.

CharlieChop
x4

Post by CharlieChop » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 23:24

One item we do know is plasma.....plenty of use for a plasma container...from kamikaze runs to weapons and fuel....

Decimatarius
x4

Post by Decimatarius » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 23:33

CharlieChop wrote:One item we do know is plasma.....plenty of use for a plasma container...from kamikaze runs to weapons and fuel....
UH OH....does that mean HEPT's require ammo now :S

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 00:14

I really hope they change the economy and equipment fully and have nothing from the old x games. It is meant to be a remake after all. Definitely wouldn't touch rebirth if it had the same economy from before as in wares you buy sell make etc. Got really sick of the same thing game after game for last 10 years.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 00:33

Decimatarius wrote: Theres always going to be contraband resources and i suspect that the types of resources will not change all that much, there may be some ballencing of whats required to produce example: Product 1 needs X amount of resource A and Y amount of resource B.

However i do see Engergy cells becoming more obsolete because you can just build solar pannels on your station as its all modular so aslong as the power is on it will run but there will need to be an internal ballencing act of supply and demand a bit like the C&C base power thing.
There hasn't been any mention of trading, only station building and the economy. I'm still trying to figure out where the player's role will be in this new game. Builder, Trader, combat or a bit of all of them. :gruebel:

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”