x3 terran conflict wing docking

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Erik963

x3 terran conflict wing docking

Post by Erik963 » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 17:09

I have one question about wing docking command. I got 10 mamoths with 50 ships in same wing. Is there way to tell the wing to section off and dock into 10 mamoths instead of 5 and others are idling ? I have one big ammout of ships but it dont want them to get damaged nor all of them has jump drive. I wish i could put them into 10 wings with 5 ships each. that would solve the problem but it would make it messy and hard to control.

So any sugestions people ?

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 17:10

Scripting or buy a carrier, really.

Though I've never had much call for fighters. I tend to go for big ships and fighterdrones with MARS.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 17:17

Instead of using wing commands, you could broadcast orders to all fighters in the sector.
So order them all to dock at first Mammoth, then the second etc etc. As each mammoth gets filled the broadcast wont reach the ships docked in them, just the ones in space waiting to dock.
Long winded tho, as pointed out a carrier would be a lot easier...

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 17:24

I am not in front of my computer at the moment, but is there not a specific 'dock at homebase'/'return home' command? If in groups of 5 they all were homebased to a different Ele, would they not sort themselves out to their right Ele even if given the order as a wing?

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 17:26

heratik wrote:I am not in front of my computer at the moment, but is there not a specific 'dock at homebase'/'return home' command? If in groups of 5 they all were homebased to a different Ele, would they not sort themselves out to their right Ele even if given the order as a wing?
Doesn't the Wing's homebase override that of the ship?
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 17:30

esd wrote:
heratik wrote:I am not in front of my computer at the moment, but is there not a specific 'dock at homebase'/'return home' command? If in groups of 5 they all were homebased to a different Ele, would they not sort themselves out to their right Ele even if given the order as a wing?
Doesn't the Wing's homebase override that of the ship?
I couldn't remember, that's why all the question marks in my post :D

Frank Johnson

Home base ships

Post by Frank Johnson » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 03:11

Is it possible to home base the smaller ships to the larger ships? If you home base a ship to another ship there is not need for putting them in a wing. You might put the larger ships in a wind though?

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 11:48

The problem with that is that you then have to individually order each ship to go home one by one. All 50 of them. There is no option to broadcast that command without a wing. Not to mention you have to set their homebase on a ship by ship basis..
Yawn!
Gogo carrier!

Vyrebird
x4

Post by Vyrebird » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 18:07

Infekted wrote:The problem with that is that you then have to individually order each ship to go home one by one. All 50 of them. There is no option to broadcast that command without a wing. Not to mention you have to set their homebase on a ship by ship basis..
Yawn!
Gogo carrier!
Broadcast to my ships in the sector -> Broadcast: Sector: M3/M4/M5 ships... -> (3) Return Home

It's available as a normal Broadcast command, no wing required. The larger problem it would generate would be /launching/ the fighters, since then you'd have to do it Mammoth by Mammoth, since I believe all the docked ship broadcasts only hit other ships docked to the same entity.

As far as setting the home base, not much you can do about shortcutting that - with 5 ships per homebase, most "bulk" methods are probably going to take more time in setup/teardown than just manually assigning the homebases as usual.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”