Please try to get the simple things right, like docking and OOS combat.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

valerria
x4

Please try to get the simple things right, like docking and OOS combat.

Post by valerria » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 21:16

With multithreading perhaps we'll finally have the luxury of working auto pilot and OOS calculation that involves more than addition and subtraction.

If factories are buildable please make them modular, which will cut down on the amount of geometry and more importantly get rid of the ridiculous tube/node system.

Please have better tools for managing complexity. Modding is nice and all but essential functions like CAG/CLS should really be builtin. Think about all the things that are done manually and not fun and then ways to automate them.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 21:33

1) i expect it will be alot better than previous

2) read the stickies, they have already stated stations will be modular not individual.

3)i assume they have tryed to achieve this with station managers etc, you tell them to hire freighter pilots and they go off and find a pilot and purchase a ship (provided you have the funds) and trading starts, i imagine it will be something along these lines.
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

rusky
x4

Post by rusky » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 21:41

I also have high hopes for OOS (or equivalent, let's call it AFP, AwayFromPlayer combat, seeing as it's not clear if there's going to be the same sector based grid and so on)

caleb
x3tc

Post by caleb » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 21:46

"Your fully armed and very expensive M6 was destroyed by a cheap and ugly pirate M5"

Yeah, OOS had some funny moments, but it just drove people nuts in general :S I hope that is greatly improved, or recreated (OOS-Rebirth?).

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 22:00

or even better an m7 armed to the teeth with flacks loosing aganst 5 xenon l's lol granted this was using some combat mods lol
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”