[REQ] Friendly to Sector / Enemy to you coloring (is it even possible?)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Firewrath
x3tc

[REQ] Friendly to Sector / Enemy to you coloring (is it even possible?)

Post by Firewrath » Fri, 7. Oct 11, 14:43

(real Quick idea post here)
So this has been bugging ever since the new game i started with XRM,
i started as Split, flying around in an Asp i seen that Argons were Red to me,
so i thought, logically that means that Argons are enemys to the Split (since ya know, i am one, :P) and i could attack them without getting in trouble for it.
Yeah,... the Split sector patrol that was flying nearby had a few things to say about that. -_-

So im curious. Could the icon box around the ships be recolored?
Like if the ship is an enemy to you AND the sector, itd be Red,
but if it was friendly to the sector but an enemy to you, itd be Yellow,

itd also be nice to have something that shows ships that are an enemy to the sector but friendly to you,
But all the main easy noticed colors would be used up and its Much more important to know that you Cant shoot a ship in a sector.

id look at it, but im still having issues with trying to figure out AI fighter pilots, so im sure this would be over my head as well, :P

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 7. Oct 11, 15:21

There is no such relation as "kind of an enemy" so you can't colour anything for that.

You could write a script to change the objects name to a colour of your choice based on... whatever conditions you pick.
Something like, check the cockpit target every second and rename.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Fri, 7. Oct 11, 15:48

Gazz wrote:There is no such relation as "kind of an enemy" so you can't colour anything for that.

You could write a script to change the objects name to a colour of your choice based on... whatever conditions you pick.
Something like, check the cockpit target every second and rename.
Perhaps using SIGNAL_CHANGEDSECTOR you can colour all ships jumping in, and remove colouring from all ships jumping out
also using SIGNAL_CHANGEDSECTOR to detect when the player jumps sector to preprocess the target sector and post process the previous sector to remove colouring

There is one problem but, if your using a plugin like Improved Races, and a races reputation to another race is altered, the ships could show up as red and not yellow but the police would still dislike it because there individual ship relations are still set to foe

Perhaps the same script can preprocess ship relations within the target sector when the player jumps?
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

AuGuR
x4

Post by AuGuR » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 04:00

Kind of along the same lines but more towards the map/system name, I'd be interested in something that would colour the sector names according to friend/neutral/unfriendly (Green/Blue/Red)

Is that even possible via MD or scripting?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”