Sins of a Solar Empire Conversion mod for X series.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sareth01
x3tc

Sins of a Solar Empire Conversion mod for X series.

Post by Sareth01 » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 02:17

Total Sins of a Solar empire conversion mod.

Replace ships, make planets useful if possible...probably nothing in the engine for planetary bombardment....Most likely no antimatter either...
Capital ship special abilities would probably not work...
CRAP!

Well its kind of a dream of mine to see a game with overarching RTS style strategy connected with the X universe. I know of one mod "imperium? imperial?" that was something like this idea in X3TC.

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 08:26

I would love planetary bombardment. Positioning your OB ships over strategic positions and initiating bombing runs while the planet throws everything it can at you. Maybe even corvettes with huge beam cannons. Maybe even satellites.

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 09:44

it would be interesting to see a TOTAL Conversion... immagine the possibilities...

Orbital bombardment is always done so poorly in games, please, throw a small astroid at them, in a month or 2, no more problem!
Jovianmoon wrote:
apricotslice wrote:...auto-pillok...
Are we ready to collide with that asteroid?
Yes sir! Engaging auto-pillock!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 09:59

Isn't it a little bit earlier to ask for a mod for a not yet released game?

You know, the normal sequence would be: Game release -> release of modding and scripting tools and documentations -> give scripters and modders time to make themselves familiar with the new stuff -> ask for scripts and mods or make them on your own.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 10:12

I don't think you need a conversion mod as such, what we really need/want is an RTS interface that can be used to control multiple assets in 3D space quickly and efficently for common tasks and organisation.

It should never replace the whole pilot and cockpit experience for X Universe it should complement it as feature or tool. You could look at it as an enhanced sector map & property menu from X3.

The fact Bernd has pointed out that piloting capships directly doesn't make sense is a good indication of their thinking here.

However the killer question still remains for X Rebirth, how will the player interface, control & manage multiple units? It can't just be through face to face dialog with NPCs, there must be somekind of UI imho and we haven't seen it displayed or even discussed yet.

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 16:41

Agree with X2-Illuminatus..

Instead of a superpowermegagooberblaster..
Throw rocks...
Remember: The moon is a harsh mistress.
You think a hero is some weird sandwitch and not a guy attacking a Xeno J with a kestrel.

Sir.. I said .. A guy attacking a J with a kestrel is the sandwitch.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 23:30

I wouldn't really play X Universe for that sort of game when I could buy that sort of game....
The X Universe is unique, and there are a lot of RTS out there.
No good wargames anymore though.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

MightyOdin
x3tc

Post by MightyOdin » Sun, 9. Oct 11, 01:17

lol TC before a game is out that is a new one :)

Sareth01
x3tc

Post by Sareth01 » Sun, 9. Oct 11, 03:39

hehe, well my two favorite space games would make an extremely awesome baby i think.

Have an overarching slow campaign that provides unique and logical events that would only have to happen once...
Like operation final fury, except that the RTS side of the game would actually make invasions all by itself instead of having specific scripted events.

Improved races mod had elements of this and did quite well.

I would say improving cap ship combat by giving them unique abilities would really expand the game imo... Not just what weapons a ship can mount and all that, in addition introducing fleet effects abilities that can only be mounted on certain types of cap ships with unique racial abilities.

This would give fleets more diversity as well.

Also, having to work your way up the ranks in a faction to become that factions "general" who would control an aspect of a faction's military.

All the while you would never sacrifice the beauty of the details of the X games. You could still in theory take out a strong capital ship all by yourself in a fighter, but there is only one of you and many of the cap ships...So you would also have to stay on top of the management side of things (or hire an AI to do it!). This would give you another sort of purpose in the X games as well, as you could at any point try to make your faction the greatest you can.

Also may not need a total conversion at all :)
Just use the existing races and make the fleets interdependent something like sins.
In this way you would have awesome fleet cohesion WHEN you get your huge ass fleet.
This would provide another strong incentive to do large scale fleet events so that even after years the X game would retain such a breadth of awesome as to be unchallengeable.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”