Khaak M3

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

greypanther
x3ap

Khaak M3

Post by greypanther » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 20:40

:cry:

Ok, I have heard they bail sometimes, never seen one do so, until last night!
Wow at last I can try it out!! :D
I jump out, claim it jump back in my Shrike, about to transfer some shields and dock it in the shrike, in comes 1 scout, it ignores me and shreds my new precious!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH! In my eagerness to claim I forgot to save first! AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!
:evil:

Has anyone else had anything like this happen?

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 20:44

Well, I got my first Fighter to bail in an UFJD sector. The problem was that I had jumped in with a Boreas, so I had to chose my 90 million Juggernaut instead of giving that fighter a try. Recently, however, I managed to get one in Commonwealth space...

best regards,
Rhox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 20:51

Khaak M3s are not that great as you will have a job finding any weapons for them. Saying that they tend to bail more fequently when using a ship armed with FAA/PSG for some reason... I've also found that any other Khaak in the area will automatically attack any Khaak ships that you have claimed, they don't like you taking there ships from them. :twisted:

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 22:39

Its not that they may be uber fighter, its just that I wantssss!
I wantssss the Khaak corvette even more!!! But cannot have it. :(

lubnius
x4

Post by lubnius » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 23:07

I got my Fighter in Kh'ak 926 if I am correct (with alien head in the background) when I was harvesting Kyon Gammas, pleasant surprise really, totaly unexpected.

PS. I just love to zoom in and listen for the sound it makes, the engines the emitters when fired. Love it ! :D

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sun, 9. Oct 11, 05:46

I never had this happen after I learned the transporter device + docking computer trick.

Jeraal
x4

Post by Jeraal » Sun, 9. Oct 11, 07:40

Not with a KM3 but other times. My, um, favorite experience was with a Hyperion. I had finally got the marines to get on the ship all at once. Pulled up close to transfer equipment, and my foot got stuck on the throttle. Rammed right through my new shiny 'unshielded' prize. Oh well, I'll just load my.......SON OF A!!!!!!
Brute force and ignorance solves all problems, just not very efficiently.

If brute force isn't working, then you aren't using enough.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Got me!

Post by Bill Huntington » Sun, 9. Oct 11, 10:14

They got me the first time too! After that I had my small fleet surround the derelict to keep the spawning Khaak further away, then claimed, entered ship, transferred Docking computer, docked at the Hype, jumped out. You have to be fast, because they really want to blow up your new ship!
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Sun, 9. Oct 11, 15:15

If I had just saved I could have tried again.

I know that trick too Kurush; I just wasnt quick enough. :( The bloody scout appeared less than a km from my shiny, my turrets didnt even have a chance to respond before bang! ( I imagine if they had they would have blown away the shiny too! )
Didnt help of course that the shiny only had 3 % hull I guess! :D

*edit* If I get another chance I will eject 50 or so Mk 2 drones to distract the spawning insects!

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sun, 9. Oct 11, 22:30

greypanther wrote: I know that trick too Kurush; I just wasnt quick enough. :(
You got unlucky that time, shouldn't happen too often. It shouldn't take more than a second to transfer the docking computer, transfer yourself and dock. DEL key is your friend here as it normally selects the closest ship you own. Basically, if you are using any of the menus here, you are doing it wrong. You need to have a hotkey assigned to freight transfer as well.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”