X Plugin Manager and SPK Tools for Mac v. 1.21 and AP Bonus Pack How-To (5/4/2012)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

icEPiraka
x3tc

Post by icEPiraka » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 23:49

Lemant wrote:Hello icEPiraka. I'm a Mac user (who happens to be clueless on just about all matters related to coding/software side of things) attempting to run "X3 Editor 2" on my Mac desktop machine via free trial version of CrossOver. To successfully run X3 Editor 2, however, I've been told that I will need something called a "wrapper" and that you are the person to ask.

If you have already created such item for Mac users, please kindly direct me to the link. Thank you.
Luckily for you, I have been following your topic somewhat. After a bit of trouble, I believe I now possess a functional copy of the X3 Editor for the Mac. Once I get permission from the creator and have done some documentation, I will have it up as soon as I can.

Lemant

Post by Lemant » Fri, 17. Aug 12, 02:45

That's awesome! Thank you, icEPiraka. I look forward to the news.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 17. Aug 12, 22:39

icEPiraka wrote:I now possess a functional copy of the X3 Editor for the Mac. Once I get permission from the creator ...
According to the X3 Editor web site, it is Open Source.

icEPiraka
x3tc

Post by icEPiraka » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 06:58

DrBullwinkle wrote:
icEPiraka wrote:I now possess a functional copy of the X3 Editor for the Mac. Once I get permission from the creator ...
According to the X3 Editor web site, it is Open Source.
Never hurts to be careful.

Anyway guys, I've written a new topic here that should act as a guide for installing mods and as a topic for the X Plugin Manager, so I'm gonna have the mods close this one. Further discusion can go there.

Dredastttarm
x3ap

ugh

Post by Dredastttarm » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 17:06

any more simple way of installing mods? this is an absolute cluster****, I cant get anything to work. :evil: maybe if someone could send me their addon and t files with some mods already installed? that would probably be much easier than trying to figure this out.

Edit: more specifically LV's cheat pack and the cockpit mod.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 19:29

No one will (read is allowed to) send you their addon folder, as they would risk to get their account banned. Now, if you would be a little bit more precisely on what is the part of the installation process that you have problems with, others might be able to help you.
Dredastttarm wrote:Edit: more specifically LV's cheat pack and the cockpit mod.
LV hasn't made a Cheat pack for X3AP, but for X3R and X2. Scripts written for X3R or X2 won't work without further adjustments in X3TC and AP. So, if you tried to install X3R scripts in X3AP, this is probably the reason, why you can't get anything to work.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Dredastttarm
x3ap

Post by Dredastttarm » Sat, 6. Oct 12, 10:37

ok, so i dont need a cheat pack anyway, i know how to make scripts to do that now, but i still have no idea how to add the cockpit mod. I dont know where to put the files (cat/dat files? or are they other files?) i have no idea how to do this... please help with this.

Andrew Wilde
x3tc

Post by Andrew Wilde » Tue, 30. Oct 12, 16:09

Thought I'd drop this in here for any Mac users not currently eyeing the forum but getting notifications from this thread, just in case anyone might be interested:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=329472

shadowinthesystem

Having problems with the Plugin Manager...

Post by shadowinthesystem » Fri, 22. Feb 13, 20:16

Not completely confident user of Mods and Scripts especially when running Mac version of X3 Terran Conflict and using this Wineskin to use the Plugin Manager...

...The app launches fine and reads and enables mods fine yet when i try and
launch TC within the plugin manager the App (plugin manager) crashes 100%
of the time, yet if I enable the mod and launch TC on its own the MODS are nowhere to be seen...

probably making a novice error yet if any help possible and anybody is having the same problem id appreciate the feedback...

Not 100% whether people are still on this thread btw

EDIT::: works absolutely fine found where the MODS are, Just simply launching X3 TC as normal from the app works. Although still the issue of occasional crashes... yet the appreciation is there for giving mac users the ability to use mods... Many Thanks for this app...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 22. Feb 13, 23:16

Yeah, you will not be able to launch the app by clicking the button in the Plugin Manager. The button to launch TC in the Plugin Manager will try to run the app inside of the bottle that you made for the Plugin Manager, and that's probably not going to work. :)

The Plugin Manager does not "finish" its work until you close it. So it is vital that you close the Plugin Manager *before* trying to launch the TC app.

Hope that helps.

phantomrock2
x4

Conflicting Scripts

Post by phantomrock2 » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 03:29

Can I find conflicting scripts with this?
[" thank you "]

Cherokee05

Post by Cherokee05 » Fri, 21. Feb 14, 14:15

Hi, Please can anyone help, I am new to this forum if I have put this message in the wrong place then feel free to steer me in the right direction.
I am playing X3 Reunion at the moment and love it however decided to try and use the plugin Manager that Cycrow created for the pc using crossover and failed. Now I have noticed that he has ported this version for intel macs I use a 2.4 Ghz intel Core Duo running OS 10.5.8.

Do you think this version of the plugin manager will install mods and scripts for X3 R ? and then in the future I can play X3 terran conflict and use it with that !

Cheers

O'Shavah
x3ap

Post by O'Shavah » Mon, 24. Nov 14, 07:49

so if i bought my game though steam... where might the file be located?

cm7007

Yosemite

Post by cm7007 » Tue, 30. Dec 14, 02:46

Hoping someone sees this...Any chance this Plugin Manger will be updated to work with Yosemite? I'm really starting to regret that upgrade to my OS, but too late now... :cry:

eth0

Mediafire woes

Post by eth0 » Sun, 15. Mar 15, 22:48

Is there any chance that someone could mirror the Mac download somewhere other than Mediafire? I've toiled for over an hour trying to download the file that started as a painful +5 hour crawl then just simply stop each time after a minutes :/

Thanks in advance.

boozehagskibum

Post by boozehagskibum » Tue, 7. Apr 15, 01:04

Is it an issue with Yosemite then?
I thought it was an issue with the 3.2 update for Mac...
I can get PM to work but it when I get into the game none of the mods are there...

UPDATE!!! and good news!

Figured out the problem after a few hours...!

After running Cycrow's package in PM I found that the scripts copied into this folder:
users/xxxx/library/containers/com.vpltd.X3TC-MAS/data/scripts

These didn't work...
That was when, after some digging, I found another scripts folder in the actual app package (right-click on the app and click on show package contents) in the resources folder.
I copied and pasted all the cycrow scripts into this folder and - wahay!!!!

However, there is one minor issue.....
The main script relating to what you can do in the command console comes up as gobbledegook so when you click on option 3 (custom) you get garbled nonsense.
BUT....if you click on each of the garbled nonsense bits they still direct you to the particular cheat - wares, weapons, god mode etc

Hope this helps!

spasticgremlin

Post by spasticgremlin » Wed, 19. Oct 16, 00:29

How is everyone.

I've been having a problem getting this X plugin manager thing to work. I downloaded the file and changeed my permissions to allow everyone. I have no "data" file however and I don't remember how I even bought the game originally (I think the app store a bunch of years ago).

My files paths are as follows for AP: "X3 - Albion prelude ML" (the executable) --> "Contents" --> 7 folders "_CodeSignature" , "_MASReceipt" , "Frameworks" , "Info.Plist" , "MacOS" , "PkInfo" and "Resources." Within "Resources", there are various folder to include the "addon" , "Documents" and "scripts" and now currently the exe's from the download. I've tried putting both of the .exe files in various spots but nothing seems to work.

Have used this program in the past but an automatic update on both TC and AP occurred the other day and the old plugin manager didn't work anymore and so I downloaded the new version. At first I was getting a "failed to activate core devices" then I received a can't update "Info.plist" (after which I changed those permissions as well.) Now the problem I'm getting is ""%@" can't be found." I'm no everyday modder or even an occasional modder so if theres a stupid answer that most people would have already tried than I might have missed it.

bf3qp9k

Post by bf3qp9k » Wed, 19. Oct 16, 15:20

I have the Mac client for Steam, and X3: Reunion for the Mac through Steam. i would like to use the Plugin Manager for the Mac, to use with mods like Roguey's Mod or the Cheats 1.4 one.

I have downloaded and unzipped the plugin manager for the mac, and have no idea where to put the folder. It has an app in the folder, and I assume that goes in the Applications folder, but I have no idea where all the other folders are that this thread talks about. I can't find where Steam has installed X3, even.

Any pointers or help would be greatly appreciated ...

nickdyer2000

Post by nickdyer2000 » Sun, 13. Nov 16, 22:47

not work for me anymore, keeps crashing with a wineskinx11 error.

any ideas?

LoganWolf

i have a small problem...

Post by LoganWolf » Fri, 2. Dec 16, 20:30

First off, i'm sorry for posting this here like this, but for some reason the platform won't let me post a reply in the concerning post. < Merged. Try clearing your browser cache. AP> Anyway, here it goes.

The plugin manager for mac... So I bought X3 Terran Pack from GOG a while ago and so far I'm loving TC and can't wait to try AP. Then I found this forum with all these mods and awesome upgrades that now I can't wait to binge on it. However there is no Data file in the GOG install (inside its package or either package for TC or AP) and I don't know where to copy the dummy .exe files to so that the PM can recognize the games...

Again sorry for this post, I know it's a noob move, but I didn't know what else to do since it wouldn't let me reply on the post for the PM-MAC.

Thanks for the help and keep up the awesome work. :)
make sh*t happen.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”