Can you back-calculate asteroid yield?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

StarSword
x3tc

Can you back-calculate asteroid yield?

Post by StarSword » Mon, 10. Oct 11, 04:02

I'm getting ready to build this complex in Tears of Greed (and take up the rest of the silicon slack with a chip megaplex), but I already have a free-standing silicon mine L in that sector. Is there a way to back-calculate the asteroid's yield from the mine's cycle time?

According to the station info, the mine's cycle time is 1 minute, 8 seconds.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

quoick
x3tc

Post by quoick » Mon, 10. Oct 11, 04:14

Sorry but I'm unable to answer the main question. Just that you may be better off making this plex in
Spoiler
Show
Terran Unknown Sector 1 (same sector as the Terran Shipyard)
It has 300% sun, high yielding silicon and ore roids in handy clusters and any excess you create can be easily leaked into the surrounding sectors to help improve the Terran economy.

I would use that Sil mine to add to the microchip megaplex (I'm guessing you haven't completed The Hub). I have 50 chip plants and you can never have enough (within certain limits I guess).

Otherwise I'm guessing you took the
Spoiler
Show
70 yield or maybe the 56 yield roid
Load a Kestrel up with explorer command and mineral scanner and look at the rest of the roids in the sector. If one of those is missing you'll know.

Ebonyfly
x3tc

Post by Ebonyfly » Mon, 10. Oct 11, 05:13

You can use this table to find out the asteroid yield:

http://www.x-resource.org/people/cheese ... minetable/

Answer = 70

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Mon, 10. Oct 11, 05:49

quoick wrote:Sorry but I'm unable to answer the main question. Just that you may be better off making this plex in
Spoiler
Show
Terran Unknown Sector 1 (same sector as the Terran Shipyard)
It has 300% sun, high yielding silicon and ore roids in handy clusters and any excess you create can be easily leaked into the surrounding sectors to help improve the Terran economy.
I'd love to build it in TUS1, but I unfortunately already built a Terran capital ship weapons and shields complex there (5xPSP, 5xSSC, 5x1GJ, 5x2GJ, and assorted food and energy loops). There isn't enough ore left for the complex.

But maybe I could build it in the Oort Cloud instead...

And you're right that it's for the Hub plot, which I'm at the final stage of. At this point, I've got somewhere upwards of 18,000 microchips left in the Hub plot, hence the planned additional chip plex.
Ebonyfly wrote:You can use this table to find out the asteroid yield:

http://www.x-resource.org/people/cheese ... minetable/

Answer = 70
I'm definitely bookmarking that link. Thanks a lot! [ external image ]

EDIT: Kuiper Belt doesn't have enough silicon, but Oort Cloud does.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Mon, 10. Oct 11, 06:05

The new version.

Because I had energy cells to spare, I decided to do something a little unusual. I'm intentionally overproducing protein paste and MREs for additional trade goods. At 58 stations, this'll be the biggest complex I've ever built.

jlehtone
x4

Re: Can you back-calculate asteroid yield?

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 10. Oct 11, 19:24

StarSword wrote:According to the station info, the mine's cycle time is 1 minute, 8 seconds.
Not from the time alone, because time gets multiplied if it would get below one minute. You do need the units/cycle info too: it reveals the multiplication.

There is rounding involved too, so it back-calculated yield may be bit off, but that doesn't actually affect anything.

VincentTH
x4

Re: Can you back-calculate asteroid yield?

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 10. Oct 11, 19:26

jlehtone wrote:
StarSword wrote:According to the station info, the mine's cycle time is 1 minute, 8 seconds.
Not from the time alone, because time gets multiplied if it would get below one minute. You do need the units/cycle info too: it reveals the multiplication.

There is rounding involved too, so it back-calculated yield may be bit off, but that doesn't actually affect anything.
or the OP can just look up the roids yield from any or the complex calculator.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”