Sector/Zone Conquest

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Chris122990
x4

Sector/Zone Conquest

Post by Chris122990 » Tue, 11. Oct 11, 09:19

One feature that I personally enjoy that had to be hacked and scripted into X3:R and X3:TC was the ability to conquer sectors. Personally I want it just so I can completely eliminate the Split after getting a copy of each of their ships. (They're all hateful and stuck up).

Currently the way both of these addons work (IIRC anyway) is that you must destroy every racial station in the system and then plant your own (Shipyard, HQ, etc). Obviously this would cause problems with plotlines that depend on the existence of specific stations (like the Terran plot in TC depends on the Argon military station at that one point).

So, perhaps stations that are required by plots will be marked in their info screens with an icon that indicates as such.

PTR
x3

Post by PTR » Tue, 11. Oct 11, 09:53

The sectors in X:R are BIG. (At least, that's what they tell us...) So taking over whole sectors? Who knows. But I do hope you can control a part of the trade lanes, cornering a part of the sector off for your own use, by fighting for the trade lanes or bying them.
Burn the land, boil the sea,
you can't take X from me...

Skid
x4

Post by Skid » Tue, 11. Oct 11, 10:12

PTR wrote:The sectors in X:R are BIG. (At least, that's what they tell us...) So taking over whole sectors? Who knows. But I do hope you can control a part of the trade lanes, cornering a part of the sector off for your own use, by fighting for the trade lanes or bying them.
They are not trade lanes, this isn't freelancer :P They are Local and Super Highways :P

But back to the point, given the size the sectors are expected to be now controlling a whole sector is doubtful as that would mean subjugating the population of the planets in that sector. Controlling a zone however, might be possible. It depends whether the zone have to be in habited or not or if they can be outposts or such remote from the populated areas.

That said you can fly out of the Highways at any point, so for all intensive purposes you could start up your own sector just outside of a Highway.
:) Skid :)
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

Ruges
x4

Post by Ruges » Wed, 12. Oct 11, 08:31

Universal subjugation. This is what I would like to see in Rebirth. One thing I liked in TC was going threw and building my fleet up. You started out in one small ship, doing missions, starting up trade routes, evenualy creating giant complexes to finance your massive fleets. Fleets large enough to rival any other race. And this is what I did in TC.

However I quickly realized these fleets where worthless. After I cleared my first Xinon (forget the exact name), I planed on making it my own system. now I knew there was no possability to claim it as my own. however I figured with my strong fleet and structures there it would keep the system clear of any other enemy. But I quickly found out that the xionon would just randonly respawn with ships and structures. This to me seemed bogus becouse I evenualy had planed on taking out the other races. However coming on the forums I discovered that even the other races would respawn even after you destroyed every station and ship of theres.

Now I know they still have planets they can launch from. But you figure 50 capital ships with IBL's or any other wepon could even put these planets back in the stone age so they could no longer launch stuff into my space.

I am not saying the AI races should roll over and die. Hell they should even recognize when the player is attempting to conqure the universe and unit to stop them. But I am saying a dedicated player should have the option todo this.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”