X3 TC Passengers..

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

erebosaither
x3ap

X3 TC Passengers..

Post by erebosaither » Tue, 11. Oct 11, 20:50

Can i carry passenger for make money not mission. for example i bought a mercury express jum driver and trade mk3 but how can i carry passenger between stations or systems automaticlly?

garv222

Re: X3 TC Passengers..

Post by garv222 » Tue, 11. Oct 11, 20:56

erebosaither wrote:Can i carry passenger for make money not mission. for example i bought a mercury express jum driver and trade mk3 but how can i carry passenger between stations or systems automaticlly?
I'm having a little trouble understanding the english so please correct me if I'm wrong.

The question being asked is:

How can I get my mercury express to automatically transport passengers to make money automatically?

Answer:

You can't. You must be in a mission to transport passengers and you must personally pilot the ship to complete a mission. You cannot pick up the passengers, change ships and remotely pilot the ship to it's destination.

One other thing. You can can carry passengers for no reason. Examples would be pilots who left their ships or leftovers passengers from failed missions. These passengers have no destination and generally no real value. People will typically eject these passengers or turn them into slaves at a pirate station.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

erebosaither
x3ap

Post by erebosaither » Tue, 11. Oct 11, 20:59

that's correct. sorry for my english. and thanks for the answer. i'm really sorry about that :(

garv222

Post by garv222 » Tue, 11. Oct 11, 21:00

erebosaither wrote:that's correct. sorry for my english. and thanks for the answer. i'm really sorry about that :(

Np english isn't everyone's first language. Just wanted to make sure i'm answering the right question.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

erebosaither
x3ap

Post by erebosaither » Tue, 11. Oct 11, 21:03

i start game again and i'm kinda noobie i got 9 mercury and they are remote i just havin money what would you advise to me?

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Tue, 11. Oct 11, 21:38

erebosaither wrote:i start game again and i'm kinda noobie i got 9 mercury and they are remote i just havin money what would you advise to me?
Could you at least use some punctuation besides the question mark and apostrophe? It's really hard to read your posts.

The answer to your question depends largely on how much money you've got. If you've got about 2 million credits or so, build a factory and use your Mercuries for CAGs (bonus pack).
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

erebosaither
x3ap

Post by erebosaither » Tue, 11. Oct 11, 21:40

i got 4 million. Should i start with ore mine?

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Tue, 11. Oct 11, 21:59

If you haven't got the bonus pack already (you didn't say if you have or haven't), download and install it. It won't affect your vanilla game status if you care about such things.

Now, to your question. For 4 million, you could buy several mines, actually. (BTW, never buy M mines. They're not as good as L mines, and you can't remove a mine from an asteroid without scripts or mods.) But there's other choices that make more money.

One common choice for a first factory is a Wheat Farm in the Argon Prime area. This lets you sell Delexian wheat to the space fuel distilleries in (Herron's Nebula, was it?). The general rule is "Find a need and fill it": find a ware that the NPCs in a region want, but is in short supply. Food, 1MJ shields, impulse ray emitters, and tech goods like microchips and quantum tubes are good choices.

Now prepare your ships for use. If you haven't done so already, kit out all nine Mercuries with (at minimum) jumpdrives, Navigation Command Software, Trade Command Software 1 and 2, Trading System Extension, and Fight 1 and 2. All these wares are available in Light of Heart and Legend's Home. All told, fitting the Mercuries should run you about a million-odd credits total.

Hire a Supply TL (Argon Supply Mammoth, for instance) and buy the factory. Place your factory in a good spot and transfer over maybe 500,000 credits. From the command console, homebase the freighters to the factory, then go Trade -> Start Commercial Agent. Set it up using the innumerable CAG guides here as a reference, but the main concerns are to blacklist any Xenon sectors you know of, turn on jumpdrive use, and turn on the audible signal on messages.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”