Friends of the Kha'ak?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Coupaholic
x3tc

Friends of the Kha'ak?

Post by Coupaholic » Tue, 11. Oct 11, 23:39

Simple question.

Since when were Pirates and Kha'ak friends?

There I was, after one of those routine OFF missions, just minding my business and shooting up a Kha'ak station (that's the third time I had to defend that damn outpost, let's see how they like it) - when about 5 Pirate fighters spawned, flew right past the station and attacked me!

In fact during that previous mission itself a Yaki group turned up too, and quickly got overwhelmed with Kha'ak fighters...wha?

I'm curious to see if this has happened to anyone before? Or will a few Xenon Q's decide to give those poor Kha'ak a hand the next time I'm causing a ruckus?

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Wed, 12. Oct 11, 00:45

I also had the pirates in that sector and wondered just like you. However, my pirates were blue as I'm friends with them. Just remember: the GOD module is a very moody deity. And apparently, it always spawns these pirates (which were already present when I entered the sector btw).

On Xenon <=> Khaak relations: in the rare instances I saw such meetings, they always ended up fighting each other.

best regards,
Rhox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Wed, 12. Oct 11, 00:53

What I wonder is, how'd the pirates get there in the first place? Unfocused Jumpdrive, maybe?
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 12. Oct 11, 04:45

They aren't, they just spawn there occasionally. Kha'ak will attack them and they will attack Kha'ak.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Wed, 12. Oct 11, 05:22

kurush wrote:They aren't, they just spawn there occasionally.
I'm thinking of more of an in-universe reason for it.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Wed, 12. Oct 11, 08:11

I completed OFF last night and in the final battle in K926 there were a handful of pirates, blue as I'm on friendly terms, so thought they were there for the fight to eradicate them - common enemy and all.
You don't need a UFJD to get there, not exactly sure how you do without a gate (or jump beacon in the case of Aldrin)
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

Coupaholic
x3tc

Post by Coupaholic » Wed, 12. Oct 11, 08:43

Popular belief then is that it's 'GOD's plan' and just another adorable quirk of the system that keeps the universe interesting.

Ol' Marvin up there has a point though, since OFF is Commonwealth VS Kha'ak maybe even Pirates have been invited to have at them?

Sounds good, I'll look at it like that - they signed up for OFF and tried to take out another enemy in the confusion of OFF action.

Case Closed.

EDIT: Spelling

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 12. Oct 11, 15:39

On Xenon <=> Khaak relations: in the rare instances I saw such meetings, they always ended up fighting each other.
I used this to my advantage when playing Reunion.
Must admit I got the idea off another player.

I was being chased by one group,when the other dropped in for some action. So I brought the action to them :D

Then dived down and away and looked back at the battle,making sure I could go OOS before the victors realised I was still there.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Wed, 12. Oct 11, 22:50

Pity the Kh'aak were eradicated though.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Frank Johnson

I don't think they like the Kha'ak

Post by Frank Johnson » Thu, 13. Oct 11, 03:23

I don't thinking they are friends I think they just hate you more.

Coupaholic
x3tc

Re: I don't think they like the Kha'ak

Post by Coupaholic » Thu, 13. Oct 11, 08:41

Frank Johnson wrote:I don't thinking they are friends I think they just hate you more.
It's a functional relationship, they hate me and I certainly hate them - I cannot help but be touched that they would go through all that effort to get crushed :twisted:

I've finished OFF now and guess what, more turned up at the hive! Didn't notice until my many flails hit and all those death soundbites came through.

I may have to humble them, and I've yet to visit Gaian Star with my bigger toys...

Frank Johnson

Post by Frank Johnson » Thu, 13. Oct 11, 20:49

Gaian Star isn't that the sector the Goner plot takes you to?

If it is I went there and has two Carracks and a Brigantine chase me. I made a B line to the pirate base killing smaller ships as I went with Poltergeist missile barrages.

By this time I had fitted 6 MAMLs and they made a huge diff. I could have killed the Carracks but I didn't want to waist the time.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”