[TC] Hub plot CLS2 ships not using jumpdrive *possible spoilers*

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JCTiger
x3tc

[TC] Hub plot CLS2 ships not using jumpdrive *possible spoilers*

Post by JCTiger » Mon, 17. Oct 11, 01:44

I have set up a 6x Teladianium L complex quite a large distance from my Hub sector and want some Mistral CLS2 freighters to automatically transfer it across. Currently my waypoints are:

Teladianium Complex
1. Refuel Jump energy
2. Load Teladianium

Hub
1. Unload Teladianium

The pilots are all logisticians and have jump drive enabled in the CLS2 menu, but the mistral always decide to take the 15-odd sector route rather than quickly jumping.
Am I just missing something obvious here?
Peow Peow!

cmdnenad
x3tc

Post by cmdnenad » Mon, 17. Oct 11, 02:19

Perhaps I'm stating the obvious, but does your freighter have enough energy to jump? I don't think Refuel command works unless the station is producing the ecells. Try "Load ecells, manual input up to" instead.

tbowen
x3tc

Post by tbowen » Mon, 17. Oct 11, 04:03

As per cmdnenad the first question is whether they have energy cells. They can take ECs from any station, but if you use "refuel" you need to make sure you specify how much and that it is enough for both legs of the trip.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Mon, 17. Oct 11, 06:18

This is probably a stupid question, but do the freighters in question actually have jumpdrives equipped?

Theory #2: You said that you enabled the jumpdrive, but did you set the ships fueling limit in the CLS menus, or just on the command console?
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

JCTiger
x3tc

Post by JCTiger » Mon, 17. Oct 11, 09:54

As per cmdnenad's advice, I changed it to manual input up to and it seems to be working alright now. The 'plex in question did have a SPP attached, so I wonder why refuel wouldn't work.
Thanks muchly
Peow Peow!

cmdnenad
x3tc

Post by cmdnenad » Mon, 17. Oct 11, 15:01

JCTiger wrote:As per cmdnenad's advice, I changed it to manual input up to and it seems to be working alright now. The 'plex in question did have a SPP attached, so I wonder why refuel wouldn't work.
Thanks muchly
If it has SPP, than refuel should work. Try playing with the autojump settings in command console (I keep minimum jump range to 1, autorefuel to 30), and with the jumpdrive settings in CLS menu. I think the default autorefuel amount is 10% of total cargo space, so that should be more than enough.

JCTiger
x3tc

Post by JCTiger » Tue, 18. Oct 11, 14:55

My autojump was set to 1 sector and fuel was set to 400 ecells (more than needed for a return trip). Maybe I shouldn't be asking questions - just be grateful it works =P
Peow Peow!

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 18. Oct 11, 15:20

Be also sure to check the Auto-jump settings in the CLS system itself, because it uses it's own instead of the defaults.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”