Goner Plot text error (Spoiler)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Goner Plot text error (Spoiler)

Post by Terre » Wed, 19. Oct 11, 21:04

English TC Version 3.1.1 + BP 4.1.01

I was doing the protect the Goner Truelight Seeker mission in Wastelands. I set a couple of Spring blossoms on the two attackers, then left the sector so that they could destroy the ships, which they did, but the mission aborted, with the 'that was close' statement, which was wrong as I had protected the GTS as requested. I opened the mission screen and was presented with the following.

[ external image ]

Is this a known error?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 19. Oct 11, 21:41

Hi Terre. It did not happen in my vanilla game with BP, albeit a while and a few patches ago. I wonder if the mission expects you to remain in-sector with the TLS because you are supposed to capture it next. Maybe you are even supposed to kill the attackers yourself. Frankly I'm unsure on the personal involvement requirements or whether their lack might affect the plot sequencing in a way that the Mission Director did not envisage - and maybe hence the abort and text errors.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Wed, 19. Oct 11, 21:56

Hi Alan. I play a game where I kill as few as possible, I was using the same techniques I used in FF, which I did without killing a single Kha'ak. The whole point of building a fleet of killing machines is to use them, which is what I try and do. It would be a shame if that was not allowed.

I re-started that mission and remained in the sector, using 8 spitfyres to do the killing.

The next mission was in 'Company Strength', yet high-lighted 'Sanctity of Corruption', my Spring Blossoms found a killed their target. The following kill missions continue to say one sector and high-light another.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”