[MOD] Warhammer40K Total conversion

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Death Jester

[MOD] Warhammer40K Total conversion

Post by Death Jester » Fri, 21. Oct 11, 11:31

Hello

I'm a fan of the Warhammer universe and games in the series X3, in addition I am an expert on 3D graphics and a dream to work in the computer games industry, so I decided to combine my interests into one - a total conversion of X3 in Warhammer 40K Battle Fleet Gothic.
Of course this is not possible by one person, so now I need in scripters and 3D artists. But I'm not sure there will be many willing to help me ... Besides, I'm very picky about themselves and others, because I want to make a mod is not inferior to the execution of commercial games. So now, I just do ship models and exporting them to the game. In addition to models listed below, I have about 10 unfinished small ships, and a couple of big ones. At the moment I'm working on the design of an Imperial cruiser.

Here is my finished models, I hope you enjoy

Imperium

Thunderbolt fighter

[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]

Marauder-destroyer bomber
[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]
[ external image ]

Chaos

hell talon fighter-bomber

Harbinger bomber

[ external image ] [ external image ]
[ external image ] [ external image ]

Dreadclaw assault pod

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

This total conversion is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited.

Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.
Last edited by Death Jester on Fri, 28. Oct 11, 12:55, edited 2 times in total.

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Fri, 21. Oct 11, 11:36

Excellent work on those models here !

Make some Ork ships and I'll name my first born child Death Jester ! 8)
If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough

Calgor Grim
x4

Post by Calgor Grim » Fri, 21. Oct 11, 11:44

Sweet! Those designs look rather painful although I am curious how the Imperial Guard would handle their ships using filthy non Imperial issue weaponry heh. I presume most of these are M6/M7? They look a bit large and bulky for M3-5.

Put some of the Eldar or Tau ones in and I'll match Ikaruga's offer :P

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Fri, 21. Oct 11, 12:41

Good Work. I also thought about such a mod but the limited configuration options for weapons (concerning models) put me off. And i'm not that good yet^^ Good luck.
They look a bit large and bulky for M3-5.
No, the fighters are M4 at best.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Death Jester

Post by Death Jester » Fri, 21. Oct 11, 13:06

this is M4/M3
restriction on the number of weapons types is not a problem if the race will not trade with each other, grab each other's ships and weapons will not fall out of the destroyed ships. I distribute the weapons by type of the damage and size to the cargo hold. assume the imperial las cannon and a light spear of the Eldar as a lance with the cargo size S. Carriers laser blasters - lancers too but with the cargo size XL.

I am worried about only one thing, that I may be banned from GW for copyright infringement of something else, other problems can be solved

Calgor Grim
x4

Post by Calgor Grim » Fri, 21. Oct 11, 13:20

Death Jester wrote: I am worried about only one thing, that I may be banned from GW for copyright infringement of something else, other problems can be solved
And the creators of Star Trek, Stargate, Eve, Babylon 5, Andromeda, Blake 7...etc would mind? I dont think Games Workshop would care too much since it's not competing with them, it's not revealing new products or designs which they are working on. It's adding one of their items to another game if anything they would probably like it if they found out :P

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Fri, 21. Oct 11, 13:22

I rather ment the limitation of the turret models, not the items ingame ;)
(check out my guides in my signature if you didnt already)

You are on the safe side regarding legal stuff.
Checkout this one http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/conte ... eMode=true Section "Modifications, Total Conversions, and Games". If you do a totalconversion. They may force you to stop development if they do a similar game and it would hurt their profit. But i don't think that will happen anytime soon. Just make sure to mention that it is GW's IP and that stuff, if you release it.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Fri, 21. Oct 11, 13:57

Calgor Grim wrote: And the creators of Star Trek, Stargate, Eve, Babylon 5, Andromeda, Blake 7...etc would mind?
(sidenote)
Well.. Don't know about GW in this case, but some certainly do mind :( http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/ ... CUniversal

shilhi
x3tc

Post by shilhi » Sat, 22. Oct 11, 00:47

This is nice and all, but will I feel the warp overtaking me?

Bomar
x3tc

Post by Bomar » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 23:36

I have to really applaud the look of the crispness of the models, I've been waiting for a long time for a 40k mod to come along and i have to admit I am not disappointed. Just curious though, which imp cruiser is it? :twisted:
Green Wing: Kestrel "Solstice"
Retired

Death Jester

Post by Death Jester » Mon, 24. Oct 11, 06:42

Mars class battlecruiser with nova cannon, top lances, weapon batteries and hangars. when i done it, another cruisers will be easy no do.

Skillzfire
x3ap

Post by Skillzfire » Tue, 25. Oct 11, 22:47

Can we get the ordo mallius :P i wanna do some exturmanatus on some fools! :P
Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey, one is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, treasured by who bid him farewell. But alas, my guest's life has ended, his tale left unwritten

Bomar
x3tc

Post by Bomar » Wed, 26. Oct 11, 02:23

Ah, when you said cruiser for some reason I was thinking you were doing the Dauntless light cruisers, but I think a good old Mars is even better. And I have to agree on doing them first, only real difference between the classes are the details anyways. :) Looking forward to more news, and good luck to you.
Green Wing: Kestrel "Solstice"
Retired

Death Jester

Post by Death Jester » Wed, 26. Oct 11, 10:43

work is moving slowly because the cruiser is very complicated in design and is replete with decorative elements, in addition, I draw all the textures myself, though I hope to finish it within a month. When it's ready the rest of the Imperial ships will be fairly easy to do, I think to ask somebody to help me, and at that time begin to make the ships of other races. plan to create all classes of ships for all races, not counting the unique ships like Planet Killer and Terminus Est

xenon1282
x3ap

Post by xenon1282 » Sun, 6. Nov 11, 00:42

Yes, finally a Warhammer mod for the best space sim game out there, i cannot wait.
Love the designs, especially the thunderbolt fighters, top notch man!
Keep it up, :D.

xenon1282
x3ap

Post by xenon1282 » Sun, 6. Nov 11, 00:44

Skillzfire wrote:Can we get the ordo mallius :P i wanna do some exturmanatus on some fools! :P
Yes brother, and the ordo xenos; those paranid need some cleansing.

Cyphas_Cain
x3tc

Post by Cyphas_Cain » Mon, 7. Nov 11, 13:42

G'day mate,

First of all great work. Love the detail.

Secondly, GW biggest problem will be IF you start making money from there creations (IP). If you maintain the concept and ideals of there creation you should be fine... If you get an email or msg from them stop right away.

And third, i have some models that you can use if you would like (see pic below). I am also working on a Tau Manta and have conceptual designs for a IG Battlestation.

These are of a Imperial Navy Lunar Class Cruiser
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4084 ... lass03.jpg

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9730 ... lass02.jpg

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/4444 ... lass01.jpg

(Dont mind the background, Random pick so you could see the ship

Let me know if you want any of these. I can ZIP and email to you.

Cyphas Cain
597th Valhallan Regiment

{Oversize images changed to links - Terre}
A Friend Of Death, A Brother Of Luck And A Son Of A Bitch. - Major Rawne, Of His Commander

Hatzi [FIS]
x4

Post by Hatzi [FIS] » Mon, 7. Nov 11, 17:59

thank the immortal emperor on his golden throne!

finally some warhammer!

the use of imperial guard or space marines would make boarding ships damn interessting ;)

Vivaporius
x3tc

Post by Vivaporius » Tue, 8. Nov 11, 00:17

This is beautiful. I'm looking foward to the Tau ones.
[ external image ]
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Yours is just stupid.

banzai_travis

Post by banzai_travis » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 14:07

so... been a while since there's been any action here. anyone know what's happening with this mod?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”