[TC] Diabolic Unfocussed Jump

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

saulsdr

[TC] Diabolic Unfocussed Jump

Post by saulsdr » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 03:16

I was making unfocussed jump when suddenly my triplex scanner and other equipment got damage :shock: , didn’t look terrible, so, I just bought new ones, but the evil goner gave me a jumpdrive that got damage in the middle of an unfocused jump . :o

Here I am, in the middle of nowhere with a Springblossom full of energy and not even an asteroid in sight. :?

Question, what should i do?
Fly thought the universe till i found the end of it?
Fly for years to the nearest commonwealth sector?
Became an exotic life form capable of living in deep space?
Ask help to the USS enterprise?
Kill myself?

:cry: Any ideas would be apreciate.

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 03:33

Are you by any chance doing the 'A New Home' plot?

There's a section during those missions where you jump around unfocussed jump sectors till your JD dies, this is plot related and will be fixed again in due course.

Other than that....reload? :O

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 04:06

I'm pretty sure Kirlack has it.

About one jump out of ten, the UFJD will destroy a piece of equipment from your ship (can't begin to count the number of times I've had to replace parts of my sensor suite). But I seriously doubt that it'll destroy your jumpdrive. Otherwise you can't get home, and I doubt Egosoft is that mean.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Ufjd

Post by Bill Huntington » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 05:09

Actually, it can and does take your Jumpdrive, if there is nothing else on the list.

The list: Transporter, Triplex Scanner, Freight Scanner.

I tried to fool the Unfocused by having nothing on the list... so it took my Jumpdrive. I had to reload. If I had found the Mythical Beast in Unfocused Land that turn, I would have been very very disappointed.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

saulsdr

Post by saulsdr » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 08:37

Na, it wasn't the "A New Home" plot, i already finished that, you get the message of "jumpdrive unengaged" or something. :wink:
This time i got the message "jumpdrive destroy". I think it was simply a weird bug that shouldn’t been happen, but pretty funny to comment, i felt really lonely out there with no way to go home.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 08:40

Try flying around in the sector, highly unlikey, but sometimes you can find a JD to pick up (got such oddness in a Khaak sector, a JD floating in space, waiting to be picked up)

kurush
x3tc

Re: Ufjd

Post by kurush » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 21:50

Bill Huntington wrote:Actually, it can and does take your Jumpdrive, if there is nothing else on the list.
We need somebody here who can read that XML file where destroyed items are defined :) I was UF-jumping my hyperion with all 3 devices removed for ages and never had its JD destroyed.

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 21:56

Originally, the Jumpdrive was NOT supposed to be on that list.

Due to plot needs with "A new Home", it seems to have gotten added to the list. Actually, I think it a bug, as one unfoccused Jump landed me in the middle of Xenon Sector 627, when jumpng from around Omicron Lyrae/Elysium of Light (and I wasn't don't the plot either).
-- GD

cmdnenad
x3tc

Post by cmdnenad » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 22:23

The worst case scenario would be - you jump, find Aran and board it, only to realize you can't get back because you don't have jumpdrive anymore :) .

saulsdr

Post by saulsdr » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 23:03

No aran ship on shight :wink: , time to get back home using the load game computer command XD. 8)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 23:13

Gold Dragon wrote:Originally, the Jumpdrive was NOT supposed to be on that list.

Due to plot needs with "A new Home", it seems to have gotten added to the list. Actually, I think it a bug, as one unfoccused Jump landed me in the middle of Xenon Sector 627, when jumpng from around Omicron Lyrae/Elysium of Light (and I wasn't don't the plot either).
there is a random chance of it sending you to a standard sector, so thats not a bug

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 23:14

Gold Dragon wrote:Due to plot needs with "A new Home", it seems to have gotten added to the list. Actually, I think it a bug, as one unfoccused Jump landed me in the middle of Xenon Sector 627, when jumpng from around Omicron Lyrae/Elysium of Light (and I wasn't don't the plot either).
Actually, the UFJD is supposed to do that. Every once in a while, you'll end up in a regular sector. One time I was building a complex in Oort Cloud, and it takes a long time for TLs to travel there from the Neptune gate. So I called in my Kraken and did some (unsuccessful) Aran hunting. About six or seven jumps in, I ended up in Rhonkar's Clouds and had to fly back via the Hub.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Mon, 24. Oct 11, 10:51

Also, if the JD gets destroyed while you get into an UFJD sector, it's still possible to jump into the sector where you originally started afaik. That is because the UFJD is used for those jumps (which is indestructible as it's part of the inventory).

best regards,
Rhox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Mon, 24. Oct 11, 11:11

Code: Select all

<do_any>
                <do_all chance="3">
                  <do_if value="{player.ship.cargo.SS_WARE_BEAMING.exists}" exact="1">
                    <add_equipment object="{player.ship}">
                      <ware typename="SS_WARE_BEAMING" exact="-1"/>
                    </add_equipment>
                    <play_text>
                      <line pageid="17" textid="3973"/>
                      <line pageid="13" textid="29"/>
                    </play_text>
                  </do_if>
                </do_all>
                <do_all chance="3">
                  <do_if value="{player.ship.cargo.SS_WARE_TECH276.exists}" exact="1">
                      <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH276" exact="-1"/>
                    </add_equipment>
                    <play_text>
                      <line pageid="17" textid="2763"/>
                    </play_text>
                  </do_if>
                </do_all>
                <do_all chance="3">
                  <do_if value="{player.ship.cargo.SS_WARE_SCANNER3.exists}" exact="1">
                      <ware typename="SS_WARE_SCANNER3" exact="-1"/>
                    </add_equipment>
                    <play_text>
                      <line pageid="17" textid="5463"/>
                    </play_text>
                  </do_if>
                </do_all>
                <set_value chance="20" name="this.temp" exact="1"/>
              </do_any>
Is the portion of code that deals with equipment loss in UFJD sector - there are only three things it will destroy:
Triplex Scanner
Freight Scanner
Transporter Device

It will not touch your jump drive, if you have lost it then it will be due to something else.

The New Home plot will temporarily remove the jump drive for plot purposes, but will put it back at the correct time.

One thing to bear in mind is once in UFJD all normal jump operations are unavailable, you will not even find 'Jumpdrive' in the Navigation menu, the only option that will use the jumpdrive is 'Return to Known Universe'

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”