squash mine feild deployment

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Grid
xr

squash mine feild deployment

Post by Grid » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 13:58

hey folks was wonder if there a script out there for deploying a mine filed in a grid e.g. length by height by depth (4*4*4), and also by how far apart each mine is so that they don't kill themselves and with the ability to active and deactivate them somewhat similar to the ring of fire script for the lazertowers
Last edited by Grid on Sun, 23. Oct 11, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 14:00

Don't remember one offhand but I can tell you that the detonation radius is 1620m.

Also, it will never be effective against anything but fighters... and then largely on M5/M4.
To even dent a capital ship you need something in the vicinity of 50-100 densely packed mines, which are all going to blow up harmlessly if the PPC of the capital ship engage and blow up a single one of them at a range of several km.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 18:08

Fleet Support Ship Software (FSUP) of X3R had Drop Freight command, which when told to deploy a SQUASH did place 8 Mines around given point.

Creating Mines into neat grid is easy, but as Gazz pointed out probably futile.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 20:33

They're more effective OOS I seem to recall. I find them most useful for hostile gate blockades. Or scattered in small numbers well out side the normal map areas for use as cluster busters.

At least until OFF is completed anyway.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 20:54

If targeted / deployed carefully, they can be insanely effective against clusters of fighters due to their extreme detonation range.

That is why I never updated my SQUASH Catapult script to TC. It was too damn effective and fighters basically ceased to be a game feature - unless you conceded their continued existance.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”