[TC]Mouse Cursor Speed

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Shogouki
x3tc

[TC]Mouse Cursor Speed

Post by Shogouki » Tue, 25. Oct 11, 10:21

Is there any way to increase the mouse cursor speed in X3:TC? It seems very sluggish and makes going through menus rather slow. Sorry if this has been asked before, did a search but didn't find anything on it.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 25. Oct 11, 11:05

Put 'mouse speed' into the exact wording box of this search: http://www.google.co.uk/advanced_search ... gosoft.com

Hope it helps.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 25. Oct 11, 14:10

Mouse speed is directly related to both game lag and the DPI rating of the mouse. A slow mouse means high-lag, or a low DPI rating. On the other hand, a jumpy mouse might mean high lag, and a high DPI rating.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Shogouki
x3tc

Post by Shogouki » Tue, 25. Oct 11, 23:53

Alan Phipps wrote:Put 'mouse speed' into the exact wording box of this search: http://www.google.co.uk/advanced_search ... gosoft.com

Hope it helps.
Ack sorry! >_< I used the advanced search on the forums here and searching "mouse speed" brought up a ton of unrelated articles so I just thought there weren't many/any cases of this.

And game lag might be the problem then, my PC is a little dated and I'm certainly not playing at blazing FPS. Though my FPS gets very low in World of Warcraft but my cursor never seems to be sluggish. Though I don't see any slowness when I'm using the mouse to fly, but when I'm not holding down button 1 for flying the cursor just moves very little when compared to how far I'm moving the mouse. I don't think it's a mouse DPI problem since it tracks quite speedily in Windows and in other games and programs. Many games have sensitivity control for mice in the in game options and since I didn't see any in TC I was wondering if there was a way other than that to adjust the speed.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”