X3 Tc Weavers tempest

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sabrina Bergin
xr

X3 Tc Weavers tempest

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Tue, 25. Oct 11, 20:22

Ok so I have the Hub plot nearing completion stockpiling microchips whilst supplying sil wafers. So I thought time to get some IBL forges Ive obliterated all yaki bases in Weavers and senators question is will it be safe to build in either of these sectors when the yaki respawn, or will they hold a grudge. By the way when i Cap an ibl forge I intend to build that somewhere realy safe

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Tue, 25. Oct 11, 20:37

I have found it much easier this time around to befriend the Yaki. :)

Means you can harvest two forges production, three if you keep the IBL forge in loomanks sweet!

In my limited experience in my last playthrough, they will bear that grudge in the form of an Akuma or two. :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 25. Oct 11, 20:38

@ Shaun: That would depend on your current rep with them. If you openly blew away their stations and ships then I guess they will probably hate you when their capital, TM and fighter patrols just keep on spawning in-sector and later when their docks respawn. If instead you first got on good terms with them and then used the no-blame missile-and-jump-ship exploit to clear them then they should respawn still friendly.

If you were and still are friendly with them then their sectors could actually be some of the safest for you to build in as they protect their territory from all others apart from their good friends. They also do not have renegade individuals or patrols who still spawn red when all others are blue, as still happens with Pirates even when you are on good terms.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Weavers Tempest

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Tue, 25. Oct 11, 23:32

That would be an oops then allen guess I,ll have to restart that sequence

quoick
x3tc

Post by quoick » Wed, 26. Oct 11, 00:34

You're also gambling quite a bit to think that you will be able to cap a TL carrying an IBL forge. From what I understand, GOD mostly just spawns stations.

I have set up a small complex in Weavers supplying Delexian Wheat, Ore and Space Weed and have a CAG supplying it. I have an ST moving the stuff around and a CLS2 buying the IBLs and transferring them to an Aran parked in that sector. It keeps them coming in nicely. It is much easier this way in the end, plus the constant trading keeps your Yaki rep increasing. The complex also makes constant money.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Wed, 26. Oct 11, 01:27

quoick wrote:You're also gambling quite a bit to think that you will be able to cap a TL carrying an IBL forge. From what I understand, GOD mostly just spawns stations.
Nope. EQDs, Trading Stations, Shipyards and HQs spawn (and maybe one or two others). All factories are brought in by TL.

But, you're right on it being a gamble. You still have two significant possibilities for it going wrong:
1. Missing the TL.
2. God not bothering!

God will not rebuild all fabs. It just depends on whether he really thinks there's a need for it or not. And if he does decide to rebuild, he still has to wait for a TL to be available, which could take a while...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Wed, 26. Oct 11, 01:37

Oh and by the way - if you have the infrastructure then boarding is by far the quickest (and most profitable) way of obtaining IBLs :)

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

quoick
x3tc

Post by quoick » Wed, 26. Oct 11, 02:08

perkint wrote:Oh and by the way - if you have the infrastructure then boarding is by far the quickest (and most profitable) way of obtaining IBLs :)

Tim
What he said. Rays often have 32 of these puppies in the hold.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 26. Oct 11, 03:19

Galleons and Brigs also carry them in large numbers.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”