Recommended weapon load outs for the M2 Titan

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

someuser

Recommended weapon load outs for the M2 Titan

Post by someuser » Fri, 28. Oct 11, 21:20

So, I did some searches on the forum on this topic and basically came up with PPCs on the front and sides and flaks on the top and bottom.

The issue I'm considering is whether to go with PPC on the rear or if there is another option to consider. I liked the suggestion of IBLs but I'm not on good terms with the pirates...

So, should I just use PPCs in the rear?

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 28. Oct 11, 21:56

Titan can't have PPCs on it' rear turret iirc. Only the Boreas can have them on it's rear turrets. You can put IBLs on the rear turret but they can be hard to find. I usually put CIGs on the rear turrets of my M2s.

BDK
x3ap

Post by BDK » Fri, 28. Oct 11, 22:16

Yeah if you cant find IBL's grab some CIG's for sure. Yaki TL's usually have plenty of IBL's so if you can board one .. Either that or try and make friends with them.

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Fri, 28. Oct 11, 22:30

it svery easy to make friends with the Yaki. :)

Their Akuma is a very good M2, if you cannot cap the Brigantine of the pirates! :D
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

someuser

Post by someuser » Fri, 28. Oct 11, 22:45

I'm glad you guys told me the Titan cannot mount the PPC on the rear before I went out and bought them!

I like the idea of capping a Yaki TL to get the IBL.

Here's another question:

What orders should I set for my turrets? Also, this being my first M2, what’s the best in sector tactics to use? Should I jump in with my Springblossom and let my M2 do its thang while I do mine, or should I jumped into the Titan and get my hands dirty? I guess I should emphasize my question is geared towards the later mission in Operation Final Furry.

BDK
x3ap

Post by BDK » Fri, 28. Oct 11, 22:51

I set my m2's to

PPC turrets = Attack capitals
Top/Bottom Artillery = Attack Fighters
Rear Turrets = Attack Enemies (unless it's loaded with PPC/IBL, then it's Attack Capitals).

Works great =) However if you're attacking a station you'll want to set the turrets to Attack Enemies; Likewise if you're controlling the m2 yourself, you may want to set the front turrets to 'attack my target'.

giva007

Post by giva007 » Sat, 29. Oct 11, 02:55

for OOS use i mount PPC in all Front and side batteries, and CIG in the back batteries

and FAA in up and down.

but for IS use, i set them to mount CIG in front and rear turret (Attack Enemies), PPC in right and left turret (Attack Capitals), and FAA in up and down (Attack Fighters)
The PSP are both great and disastrous weapon at the same time. so don't use it to hunt Spaceflies!

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sat, 29. Oct 11, 03:11

Like the loadout, turret orders depend on whether you're using it IS or OOS. For OOS, simple "Attack Enemies" on all turrets is best: it's straightforward.

For IS use, it depends on what guns are in each turret. A general rule, though, is:
  • Front: Attack My Target (goes after the target the ship's AI is targeting)
  • Other anticapital batteries: Attack Capitals
  • Flak batteries: Attack Fighters
For missile defense, you can either just wear it (few missiles actively used by the AI will even dent an M2), or use Mosquito Missile Defense. I use the latter aboard my Panther, maintaining a magazine of about 500 Mosquito missiles.

Terran capitals can't use MMD*, so when I flew an Osaka in Operation Final Fury I used the first option. At first I'd manually launch a Poltergeist to intercept an incoming missile, but when I realized how little damage they did I decided to just ignore them.

* Whoever wrote the bonus pack should've made it so they could use Polters instead.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

garv222

Post by garv222 » Sat, 29. Oct 11, 05:07

Boarding is probably the fastest and easiest way to accumulate IBL. You don't even need to attack Yaki. Even if you have problems finding IBL, NPC m7 frequently do. If it doesn't offend you, save when you're hacking the core to change the loot.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

someuser

Post by someuser » Sat, 29. Oct 11, 10:47

Well, I finished outfitting my Titan M2 with 8/8/8 PPCs in the front, right, and left, 4/4 flaks on top and bottom, and 8 CIG in the rear. I set the front on "attack my target", the sides on "attack capitals", and the rear "attack enemies".

I took her for a test run at the Xeon Sector 598 (next to Grand Exchange) and immediately ran into 2 Ks, 1 J, and a Q. My Titan laid waste to all of them, though my shields got reduced to 4%. I aimed for the middle of the sector and destroyed 3 more Qs while my shields recharged. I wanted to find a Xenon base to blow up but I realized I had disabled an LX in the process of my initial jump into the sector. So I broke off pursuit and claimed my LX and had my Orca haul her off to get fitted with weapons, equipment, and a jump drive.

I am really impressed with how much firepower the Titan has. Very cool ship. Thanks to everyone for their help in getting the right armament and turret settings! :)

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Sat, 29. Oct 11, 18:23

StarSword wrote:Like the loadout, turret orders depend on whether you're using it IS or OOS. For OOS, simple "Attack Enemies" on all turrets is best: it's straightforward.
Turret orders are irrelevant OOS.
As long as the guns are installed, and the loadout does not blend ammo and energy weapons, they will fire.
Right on commander !

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”