[X3:TC] My complex stopped allowing ships to dock to it

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Automatic Jack
x3tc

[X3:TC] My complex stopped allowing ships to dock to it

Post by Automatic Jack » Sat, 29. Oct 11, 10:57

I have ships circling around in holding patterns because my Energy Hub stopped allowing things to dock to it. I went and tried myself, thinking maybe the AI was being particularly stupid but the automated docking guy tells me "Negative" and my docking computer just pretends to work for awhile before giving up himself.
This has happened to me before and to fix it I destroyed and rebuilt all the connections, wrote it off as a cost of business and went about my way. But this time it's on a complex that's going to be a pain to rebuild and the process of rebuilding it changes it just enough so all my CLS2 pilots running around won't know where to go.

Does this happen to anybody else?

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Sat, 29. Oct 11, 11:26

Have you verified that all your docking arms aren't occupied?

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 29. Oct 11, 11:34

Two options. Option one: Build two more stations, a new hub, and replace the old one.

Option two: Bust the Tubes and rebuild the complex.

Now, that said, is the clamp full, perhaps of NPC's? If that's it, try S&M's force NPC undocking.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 29. Oct 11, 11:43

I have not seen this with complexes, but with (X3R) NPC stations.

When a ship is inbound to station, the station knows it and reserves a docking clamp. One clamp is always reserved for player's ships. Therefore, your inbound/docked ship can prevent you from docking into busy station.

It was usually NPC Wheat Farm, where the problem was seen. The Farm must have had an offer they couldn't refuse, and every suitable NPC Freighter was beelining for it.

The Dock-Trade-Leave routine is not instantaneous, not even OOS. That is probably partly "by design". When there are enough incoming traffic, the flight control queue does not clear properly, and the result is a massive traffic jam.

Even if the exiting offer is no longer there, the incoming Traders are unlikely to notice it before they have managed to dock themselves.

Apart from destroying the station or the incoming ships, there probably is little to do for the jam in vanilla. You could make sure that no ship of yours is heading for the station and that it has no offers that lure the NPC. You could even tell the Complex to hate every race and "Trade with other races" to No. That should break the docking approach for incoming ships. Once the crowd has wandered off, restore firendly attitude.

Automatic Jack
x3tc

Post by Automatic Jack » Sat, 29. Oct 11, 12:58

Thanks guys. A couple things about this:
There are no ships docked in the hub.
The Inbound Ship Report differs from time to time but it's never said more than the dock can handle. I don't think it's accurate at all as it reported 4 inbound ships when there are alot more than thatˆ.
This complex is just a solar arrayˆ but it's 4 of Cadius's XXL's, so it's production is big and it supplies most of my factories. I was made aware of the problem by my property menu assaulting me and trying to throw my into an epileptic fit.

But this has also happened with my Nostrop Complex and some other one I can no longer remember...
I fixed the Nostrop one by adding some more to it and changing the hub. This deletes every waypoint directing to that hub, which is awesome to fix, and I was fervently hoping to avoid doing it again.

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Sat, 29. Oct 11, 14:52

Since you're not playing vanilla anyway, may I suggest you try Saetan's Advanced Complex Hubs?

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sat, 29. Oct 11, 19:08

You mention a mod (Cadius SPP XXL), so my suggestion is to try submitting a bug report in the mod's thread over in S&M.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”