Getting rid of asteroid permanently

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kurush
x3tc

Getting rid of asteroid permanently

Post by kurush » Sun, 30. Oct 11, 06:15

Massive station overbuilding in Ocracoke's Storm got me an idea that I might want to remove roids from this sector. I heard somewhere that building a mine on it and the self-destructing it will remove roid permanently with no respawn. Can anybody please confirm?

Prophet1
x4

Post by Prophet1 » Sun, 30. Oct 11, 06:23

You will have station debris. If you towed the roid, I don't know if it would respawn or not.
No glory for you!

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sun, 30. Oct 11, 06:30

Prophet1 wrote:You will have station debris. If you towed the roid, I don't know if it would respawn or not.
Debris definitely disappear after some time... and for a mine their size is much smaller than the mine itself.

Neil Depledge
x3tc

Post by Neil Depledge » Sun, 30. Oct 11, 10:59

I usually 'clean-up' Ore Belt by removing 21 low yield asteroids to improve access to any future complexes. They do not respawn if seld-d'd and the mine portion (which gives the debris) takes between 12hrs -24hrs to wither away. Never had a problem with Ocra's - there is only 12 roids after all but they are massive and seem larger (to me at least) than usual. Now, if your talking about Savage Spur that is one lag-fest and needs a serious clean-up :) ...... Neil

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 30. Oct 11, 11:27

Neil Depledge wrote:... there is only 12 roids after all but they are massive and seem larger (to me at least) than usual.
IIRC, the game has at least two Asteroid models, small and large. (Aldrin not counted.) It might even use them when creating the Mine model (that combines "tower" and "rock").

For example (X3R):
[ external image ]
These are all Silicon Mines (L), towed to side by side.

Techinically, when you do build a Mine the Asteroid is permanently removed. Destruct the Mine and only the "debris tower" lingers for a while.

When you do blow up an Asteroid, the Asteroid is still there, just invisible. It has a "respawn" timer ticking so it knows when to show up again. Blowing up Asteroid does create those "rock cluster" objects too, which in turn show "rocks", some collectible and others not.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sun, 30. Oct 11, 15:21

Also, be aware that if you use Terran mines, they'll expand to the biggest rock model (the potato-shaped one on the right of jlehtone's image). Not to mention a tower that is easily twice the length of the Commonwealth version. (What the heck got into Egosoft when they were designing everything Terran?)
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

rujikin
x3tc

Post by rujikin » Sun, 30. Oct 11, 22:07

Theres a mod that lets you fuse asteroids together into higher yield ones.
Using X3 AP + All TC plots enabled

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”