M6...m?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jamafish

M6...m?

Post by jamafish » Sun, 30. Oct 11, 21:05

so I'm trying to take a turret on let's say a centaur, and turn it into a missile turret so it can missile spam just like M7M's, dug through the Tfiles for a bit but no luck. anybody have experience with this?

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 30. Oct 11, 21:38

I thought you just made no installable guns on that turret, then it defaults to Missile?
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 30. Oct 11, 21:48

Yes that was what happened with the Pirate Ship/Pirate Freighter model as used in early X3TC vanilla patches which mounted no known lasers. You will still have to enable the turret to use particular missiles though as it is not enough that the ship can mount/launch them normally.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jamafish

Post by jamafish » Sun, 30. Oct 11, 22:00

Alan Phipps wrote:Yes that was what happened with the Pirate Ship/Pirate Freighter model as used in early X3TC vanilla patches which mounted no known lasers. You will still have to enable the turret to use particular missiles though as it is not enough that the ship can mount/launch them normally.
how do you do that? I checked tcockpits and there aren't any options to give a turret missiles in there.

HotSake
x3tc

Post by HotSake » Mon, 31. Oct 11, 00:24

I thought you just set the ship's missile compatibility.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 31. Oct 11, 04:35

A missile turret will fire ANY missile that is compatable with the ship. You can not assign specific missiles to specific turrets. A ship with missile turrets can not have main cockpit weapons.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

jamafish

Post by jamafish » Mon, 31. Oct 11, 06:11

right but how would you turn a regular turret into a missile turret?

HotSake
x3tc

Post by HotSake » Mon, 31. Oct 11, 07:26

Just make sure the turret has no weapon compatibilities. Turrets with no weapon compatibilities become missile turrets automatically.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 31. Oct 11, 11:34

@ Roger: Yes sorry I phrased it badly. What I meant was that if the OP wants the ship to act like an M7M he would have to change the usual ship missile usage and loadout to one he wants, perhaps to use Flails or even Hammers (maybe even a pod). I doubt that barrages of dumbfires fired from a turret would be that predictable as to where most of them ended up.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jamafish

Post by jamafish » Tue, 1. Nov 11, 14:29

works like a charm. thanks guys!

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Tue, 1. Nov 11, 22:03

HotSake wrote:Just make sure the turret has no weapon compatibilities. Turrets with no weapon compatibilities become missile turrets automatically.
Only if your ship has no weaponcompatibilities either (except missile of c.)
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”