Paranid Merc Medusa Prototype in PP start

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Paranid Merc Medusa Prototype in PP start

Post by Bill Huntington » Tue, 1. Nov 11, 08:52

Anyone ever cap the Paranid Merc Medusa Prototype in Omicron? The red one ?

I’m in the Poisoned Paranid Start, and piloting a Mamba Vanguard. I thought I’d give it a try.

That ship is a tough one: 3 x 25 shields, decent speed, 8 ( 8 !!) PBEs, and a few Banshees, front and back turrets.

I’ve killed him a few times, and my Mosquitoes blew up his Banshee on launch a few times (got him each time !). But I haven’t made him bail. I’ve just gotten the initial bail check at 87% a few times. He’s too tough to let him hang around for more. I keep trying to take him down after that and getting killed. It’s a pretty good fight, so I’ll try a few more times.

Anyone get him ??
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

garv222

Post by garv222 » Tue, 1. Nov 11, 09:41

I spent a couple hours trying to do it once. After 2 DVD movies I gave up. I think I asked once on this forum if it's possible and I vaguely remember people say it's not possible for some reason I can't remember.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 1. Nov 11, 11:17

I think that plotline Merc ships tend to be non-bailing due to highest level morale (like the Op FF Merc Eurus). You can check ship morale by opening the Script Editor (SE) and enabling 'show additional info' or similar and then looking at the bottom of the target ship info panel. If morale is 28 or more then it probably will not bail under normal circumstances. Don't save while the SE is open as you can get back to vanilla status just by reloading a previous save if that concerns you.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Thanks !

Post by Bill Huntington » Tue, 1. Nov 11, 17:57

Thanks for the replies ! I had a few more tries, but no bail.

garv222, yes, I remember your post. That's one reason I wanted to try it. That one gives a pretty good scramble, doesn't it ?

Alan, excellent advice as usual ! Thanks !
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 14:02

Use MD's to nibble his hull to 10%. Then save. then strip off his shields, you chances of bailing are maximum possible then. If it doesn't work in 10-20 reloads, it probably can't be done.

kardgar
x3tc

Post by kardgar » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 15:22

as I recall all of those plotline mercs for the Khaak plot cannot be claimed. You'll eventually get the pilot to bail but the ship will not be claimable and will continue to fly around with seemingly no pilot.

I know for certain btw, as I've tried to steal the eclipse ages ago.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”