TC: How many units of ore per asteroid

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jamafish

TC: How many units of ore per asteroid

Post by jamafish » Tue, 1. Nov 11, 17:16

So I'm trying to clear up savage spur since navigating there is a bloody nightmare, downloaded this prospector script and set a fleet of about 20 mobile miners to try to clear the place up.

Been watching them for awhile now and those 20 are still harvesting from the remains of the very same asteroid.

So I'm wondering, just how many units of ore can you get from a single blown up station sized asteroid?

Let's assume average yield of like 20

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 1. Nov 11, 17:39

It is based on the yield, but also randomized.

Back in X3R I did blow up a Nividium Asteroid in Kha'ak sector (cannot remember the yield but it must have been 3, 5, or 7) and collected 53,776 units of Nividium. No idea whether Nividium and Ore behave similarly.

But isn't it so that in X3TC you can collect rocks OOS forever? Doesn't the exploitative Nividium mining base on that? If so, you would have to stay in sector until the place is clear.

jamafish

Post by jamafish » Tue, 1. Nov 11, 17:46

wait, what?! seriously? dammit! So the only way to clean up sectors is to stay in there?!

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 1. Nov 11, 18:32

Lucike's Prospector does not allow Nividium to respawn. I don't know about Ore, or Silicon, but Nividium is a no.

That said, the quick, simple way is to drop M size mines on the roids, then destroy them. The roid is gone and so is the mine. End of problem.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 1. Nov 11, 18:51

While I am unsure about Prospector, the only sure way to clear rocks for good (once you have them) in vanilla TC patches since 2.1 is to personally shoot them or ram them with a well-shielded ship with no ore collector. Collected rocks could well respawn OOS or IS. The Paranid Deimos with no ore collector and mounting front battery PSGs is good using the 'shoot, wait, shoot' method to allow the rocks to reform in the new positions after larger rocks break up - all while slowly cruising or spinning among the rocks to ram the leftovers.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jamafish

Post by jamafish » Tue, 1. Nov 11, 19:38

well, I know about those methods, but I feel that just doing that would be a bit of waste. Plus I kinda like the idea of a fleet of miners :D

By the way, I've tried doing a comparison between the stock "mine minerals" command and the Prospector script. I've noticed that even at max rank, the prospector collects rocks a LOT slower than the mine minerals command. Only downside to "mine minerals" is that there doesn't seem to be a way to automate the process.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 1. Nov 11, 20:37

use "mine and sell".
the miner collects rocks and sells where possible when full. I think it is vanilla,but not sure as I have not used vanilla for a few months.

Might have used it in my trader story,iirc.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: TC: How many units of ore per asteroid

Post by Nanook » Tue, 1. Nov 11, 20:54

jamafish wrote:So I'm trying to clear up savage spur...
Those asteroids in Savage Spur are permanent, map asteroids. What that means is you can't permanently get rid of them by blowing them up and collecting the debris. They will respawn. The only way to get rid of them permanently is to put a mine on each one and then blow the mine. And that's a very expensive proposition for Savage Spur, given the number of asteroids.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Tue, 1. Nov 11, 21:14

Turn the area in to a large mining operation.
Or place enough mines and then tow them away using the tractor beam.
Fire enough missiles and shoot enough asteroids to clear enough room to work.
Although the place must be a goldmine for minerals.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

jamafish

Post by jamafish » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 02:29

found another solution:

edit the globals file to increase complex range. Now it's just plop down any mines I want and set the hub waaaaay up top above the fray :D

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 08:36

jamafish wrote:found another solution:

edit the globals file to increase complex range. Now it's just plop down any mines I want and set the hub waaaaay up top above the fray :D
Does this cause the modified tag?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 11:30

TTD wrote:Does this cause the modified tag?
Probably, for 'globals' are not just graphical variables. But does it matter? Plain pipe is cheaper and neater than string of pearls. Oh wait, S&M knows how to make the pipe invisible or at least less heavy. That, IIRC, does not add tag.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 15:03

A tad over 76 million credits, using nothing but Teladi Ore Mine M's. That's the cost to wipe out the entire field. Rather a waste I think.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 18:25

Of course, it has previously been proven (though 1 don't have a bookmark for the thread) that you can link all of them into a single complex, without having to do any towing (but it is godanful messy).

Much less wasteful IMAO.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 2. Nov 11, 19:05

Savage Spur? There are some outliers (due north-west and below), which can be connected vanilla without towing only by building linking stations.

Furthermore, at least in my X3R game there were about three pairs of 'roids so close to each other that if I did not build the correct one first and tow a bit, then building the other did make them collide to each other. Of course in X3R building CCK's does not stop the collision.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”