Carrier?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jardail
x4

Carrier?

Post by jardail » Thu, 3. Nov 11, 20:42

What is the best ship (by name) to use as a carrier?

Or alternately, if someone has a link to a guide that gives more detail on what each class of ship is capable of doing, that would be alot more help.

Thanks in advance.

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Thu, 3. Nov 11, 20:51

There is detailed and current discussion about this topic right here :)

jardail
x4

Post by jardail » Thu, 3. Nov 11, 20:57

Thanks bud :)

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Fri, 4. Nov 11, 00:25

Panther.

'Nuff said.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Fri, 4. Nov 11, 01:28

It depends on what you want to do with it.

Chokaro is the first carrier I buy to fly personally. Panther is the next one.

For sector patrols I support my M2s with a Tokyo filled with Jaguar Raiders.

For IS fighting where I need heavy fighter support (like a few of the final fury missions) I like a Condor sporting Flak all around and filled with Solano fighters.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

quoick
x3tc

Post by quoick » Fri, 4. Nov 11, 01:42

I'm not meaning to be ironic here, but can we please stop replying on this thread so that we only have one thread running with exactly the same topic running on the front page at once. :roll:

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 4. Nov 11, 02:34

You could point him to the other thread you know...

The various ship classes have their own individual advantages. The first class you'll encounter capable of docking ships, and thus acting as a carrier is almost certainly the TM class, presuming you're playing TC.

These Transport Military class ships hold 4 fighters, with the exception of the Chokaro, which only holds 3. They're good ships for early game operations, being able to carry enough jump fuel for long distance operations, and also having sufficient shielding to keep themselves safe from most minor threats.

They are most definitely not combat ships, and are accordingly not really meant to be taken into danger. It is possible, and they're not incapable of combat, but it's not advised.

TL's are the next step up from TM's, and can all carry larger numbers of fighters. However, even though they are built with capital class hulls, and are generally able to equip capital class weapons, they ARE NOT combat ships. They can however be used to pick up spoils of war, and bailed ships.

M7's are not all carriers. Those that are however, tend to have only a couple more slots than TM's, but they are capital ships, and have capital class shielding. They aren't true carriers really, but they are very dangerous. A Shrike can be a dangerous enemy. A Shrike with it's full compliment of 8 fighters IS a dangerous enemy.

The Panther however, is an oddity. It's classed as an M7, but it carries 32 fighters, and actually carries more than the Pirate M1. It's extremely dangerous on it's own and more so with fighters. All other M1's tend to be mostly motherships, rather than straight up combat vessels. Raptors are the kings of full carriers, holding a whopping 65 ships, and boasting more speed than any other carrier, with 109.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

quoick
x3tc

Post by quoick » Fri, 4. Nov 11, 02:41

Triaxx2 wrote:You could point him to the other thread you know...
heratik's post directly below the original one already has it but just in case that is too much effort for anyone or the requirement to scroll down with your eyes about 5 lines over-strains anyone (it is literally only a few lines below this very thread) here you go http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=309470

Now can we put this baby to sleep.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”