Changing the jumpdrive sounds?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

serialblack
x4

Changing the jumpdrive sounds?

Post by serialblack » Wed, 9. Nov 11, 06:48

I remember playing a long while ago...I believe around the time 2.1 came out, I found a mod that changed the sounds of the jumpdrive to something a little more "sci-fi" sounding....like a bunch of chatter about setting the co-ordinates and locking in etc etc....but I can't seem to find it anywhere now. Would anyone know where I could get this from? or would be able to make a script/mod that would do something like that? Think star wars capital ships and all the sounds that were going on before jumping to lightspeed. :?: :?: :?:
Life is too short to go slow.

joelR
x3tc

Re: Changing the jumpdrive sounds?

Post by joelR » Wed, 9. Nov 11, 07:31

serialblack wrote:I remember playing a long while ago...I believe around the time 2.1 came out, I found a mod that changed the sounds of the jumpdrive to something a little more "sci-fi" sounding....like a bunch of chatter about setting the co-ordinates and locking in etc etc....but I can't seem to find it anywhere now. Would anyone know where I could get this from? or would be able to make a script/mod that would do something like that? Think star wars capital ships and all the sounds that were going on before jumping to lightspeed. :?: :?: :?:
Ahhhh. I remember that one too. That would be a good one to find.

Treelor
x4

Post by Treelor » Wed, 9. Nov 11, 21:29

It didn't necessarily change it, just played a sound on top of the normal betty speech. IIRC, it was whichever jumpdrive script that added a "Quantum Slipstream Drive." One of Cycrow's?

EDIT: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=235225 Not Cycrow's script, but this is the script I was thinking of nonetheless. I don't have TC installed at the moment but download it and give it a shot. You might need to have the advanced version of the jumpdrive actually installed in your ship to hear the changes.

serialblack
x4

Post by serialblack » Sat, 12. Nov 11, 02:55

Treelor wrote:EDIT: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=235225 Not Cycrow's script, but this is the script I was thinking of nonetheless. I don't have TC installed at the moment but download it and give it a shot. You might need to have the advanced version of the jumpdrive actually installed in your ship to hear the changes.
This was exactly what I was looking for, thanks :D
Life is too short to go slow.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”