N00b question about satellites

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DeadmanWNC

N00b question about satellites

Post by DeadmanWNC » Thu, 10. Nov 11, 13:49

Having placed several satellites (both normal and advanced) in serveral sectors, is there away to use the Best buy and Best sell in my ship, without having to connect to each satellite in turn?

I hoped it would search all sectors that have sats. in an return the best buy / sell in all sectors at once......

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 10. Nov 11, 13:59

Not in vanilla. They just work in the sector your are in or are looking at via satellite or equipped ship at the time. Once you start deploying your own trading ships using the right trade softwares they will start looking for themselves for bargains within the jump ranges you set without needing the best buying/selling extensions.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

IcarusII
x3tc

Post by IcarusII » Thu, 10. Nov 11, 14:03

Sadly nope. I've hit this issue myself.

I do a pathetic workaround which is to have a ts with remote best buy best sell installed and ask it to go buy x for best price in y radius. Then once its made a selection I set my ship to follow and we both jump to the cheapest place.

Alternatively I've recently been employing cls2 to go gather lots of x at best price by autogenerating waypoints.

Is love to know.if there is a way for.me to find the cheapest I dunno missile x in the verse, and just jump.there so i can go.buy some.

IcarussII

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 10. Nov 11, 14:41

@ IcarusII: A slight improvement maybe on your original workround that you mentioned. Homebase the TS to a station, then give it the remote best buy command. As soon as it starts to move, you can look at the home station under 'owned ships' and see where it is going. You can then stop it if you want and jump there directly yourself or maybe send a bigger ship there, all without having to follow.

DeadmanWNC

Post by DeadmanWNC » Thu, 10. Nov 11, 16:55

Hi, When you say, with the right trading software, what is needed?

Chiumanfu

Post by Chiumanfu » Thu, 10. Nov 11, 17:03

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=223503

If you don't mind being modified.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 10. Nov 11, 18:02

Or in vanilla: Trading 1/2 for factory and remote traders, Trading 3 for Sector/Local/Universe Traders, and Bonus Pack for CAG and CLS.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”