quick docking drones on m7 light carrier / m1?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jamafish

quick docking drones on m7 light carrier / m1?

Post by jamafish » Fri, 11. Nov 11, 00:18

is there a faster way to collect drones you unleashed other than running them over or telling them to protect you and waiting for them to dock through a free docking port?

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Fri, 11. Nov 11, 02:55

MARS script works great.

Check the scripting section if you don't mind going modified.
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Fri, 11. Nov 11, 04:15

Jumping out of sector and jumping in a disposable tm or other ship with docking bays and telling the drones to protect it seems to be the fastest. Collecting drones while you are in a different sector seems fastest.

jamafish

Post by jamafish » Fri, 11. Nov 11, 05:40

read the mars script manual and I never saw anything about retrieving drones, I'll give it a shot. thanks

Nick Northern
x3tc

Post by Nick Northern » Fri, 11. Nov 11, 06:15

Always use a second ship to jump out of the sector the drones are in. Then have the ship you want to collect the drones issue a command to all drones in sector to return to ship. This makes the process much easier.

Now nothing stands in your way from dumping 200 drones in a Xenon sector. :p
Enemies make you stronger, allies make you weaker.
Frank Herbert

Godzii
x3tc

Post by Godzii » Sun, 13. Nov 11, 08:12

Nick Northern wrote:...have the ship you want to collect the drones issue a command to all drones in sector to return to ship...
How?!

I was using 2 TLs, one transferring wares back from a station with freight drones, the other one then exchanging cargo with the former (and jumping away...).

Freight drones don't always appreciate the move apparently, since 3 times they would just idle in space after that, even refusing to reckon their launching TL as a dock-able ship after that move.

Writing this I realize that maybe -probably- I didn't wait for them to dock back. It's weird though because the mammoth had the 12.000 crystals I asked for, so I thought the freight drones would consequently be on board too. Meh.

In any case, I gave up issuing individual command to the 60 of them after the third incident... Is it possible to issue an 'all' command to freight drones too?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”