[TC] Paranid incursion takes out Argon One - first time I have seen it!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Neil Depledge
x3tc

[TC] Paranid incursion takes out Argon One - first time I have seen it!

Post by Neil Depledge » Fri, 11. Nov 11, 12:20

It’s day 19 and for the last 6 hrs the usual Paranid task force of an Oddy, Deimos, Nemesis plus 20 fighters have been slaughtering anything Argon in Elena’s Fortune. The trading station has gone and been ‘reborn’ just 9 km from the West Gate – how convenient for future TLs jumping in!

As I was finishing the building of a Tractor Beam complex in Spring of Belief I spotted a Zeus, Deimos & Nemesis plus 30 fighters heading for the North gate. The Zeus, home based in Pontiflex Seclusion, ‘said’ it was going to Argon Prime.

In this game I’ve placed my HQ in Argon Prime, mid-way betwixt S & E gates. The Hub is linked AP-Ringo Moon and SB-Priests Refuge so there is a ‘quick’ path for my QT/Comp plant .. and also the Paranids.

So they roll into AP and start having a go: Argon as usual do nothing. I am not really interested until the Deimos, Nemesis and fighters take out Dan Banna’s Argon-one to the East of my HQ. Now that was interesting. :o Still, that’s life and sent a ship to collect all spillages.

Argon sent in a couple of military Centaurs from the south. Whilst flattening the Nemesis they caused the Deimos sufficient angst such that whilst avoiding their fire it crashed into my HQ. My HQ shields were down to 85% but no other apparent damage. I got slightly annoyed at this blatant display of poor piloting. :roll:

Scanning the sector it was apparent that the Zeus was pissed off at this turn of events and decided to stop blasting the Trading Dock (45% shields left) and went for the Equip Dock. In passing its fighters took out the 2 centaurs with pbg fire.

Now, I have 17 marines in various stages of training in this Eq-Dock; it’s shields are down to 50% and still no Argon response. As luck would have it I have a captured mercenary Hades fully loaded for bear on my other complex in AP, 15 km east of the Eq-Dock.

So I change it’s status to Paranid-foe and just undocked it with no orders. Into the sector screen and order it to fire missiles at the Zeus then jumped it to my Eq-Dock in Home of Light, and set it to Paranid-friend.

I’ve never tried this rep saving missile trick before but it worked quite well as ALL (and I mean all) paranid ships in AP went to the great singularity in the sky. Perhaps I should have remembered that the barrage command releases 9 missiles per barrage. When I input 20 it was down 179 tomahawks (it’s full load). Operator error! :oops: . Sent out 2 more ships for spillage duty.

Checked Elena’s and there is only the Oddy and a Nemsis left so it’s off-a’capping we go. :twisted:

Neil

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 11. Nov 11, 14:21

Neil, nice report. Patch 2.7 (Jun 2010) made Argon One no longer an invulnerable ship as it is not an actual Plot ship in X3TC. However it will respawn under that name in Argon Prime and so is still 'everlasting' in a sense.

(I just wish a Paranid fleet would thin out the 13 MadHawks that I have in and around Danna's Chance!)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Neil Depledge
x3tc

Post by Neil Depledge » Fri, 11. Nov 11, 18:14

Alan, I didn't know that - I just upgrade and continue playing as usual. Perhaps thats why I haven't got mobile mining and CLS/CAG working yet. Note to self: read the update notes promptly. A Minotaur took out the Oddy I mentioned above before I could cap it. The Min then got took out by the Nemesis. All is now Quiet on the Elena Front. Cheers, Neil

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 12. Nov 11, 20:32

(I just wish a Paranid fleet would thin out the 13 MadHawks that I have in and around Danna's Chance!)
Was it you that posted this anomaly some time back? :lol:

Yes the Argon-One is now able to be owned by you,via boarding ,iirc.

Some of these battles are so thrilling to watch,and the loot that is left around afterward is a great credit booster. :D

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 12. Nov 11, 21:28

@ TTD: Yes I did. When the 'A New Home' plot was first released, if every half hour or so once triggered you refused the plot start because you were already busy doing something, yet another NPC MadHawk was spawned in Danna's Chance (without you knowing unless you visited it). A later patch fixed the over-spawning but you could do nothing (in vanilla) about all the existing MadHawks except maybe a severely earlier reload. Now one of them patrols across several nearby sectors to Aladna Hill and back while the rest just sit in Danna's Chance. Still, it keeps the Pirates down in that area.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”