Major Argon vs. Paranid Fleet Battles ??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Major Argon vs. Paranid Fleet Battles ??

Post by Bill Huntington » Sun, 13. Nov 11, 06:36

I was only in a Scorpion Raider, so I couldn't survive long enough to do it.

A major Paranid fleet had just destroyed the Pirate base in Brennan and a major Argon fleet showed up to do the same thing. They were two squares away from each other. Now what would a TC pilot think to do about that ??!!

I tried a few times to attack an Argon or a Paranid, then have them chase me into the other fleet. I couldn't get this one done. But I'll bet there are a few TC pilots who have done it.

Can a pilot describe what this kind of a battle looks like ??
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 13. Nov 11, 10:03

Theory was good.

In previous versions you could get the Kha'ak to battle with the Xenon or visa-versa,using the same method.

Race battles look great.
Much fire-work displays.
And you just sit back and collect the dropped loot,make it not only nice to watch, but profitable too.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 14:46

I once had a Paranid battle group wipe out an ATF fleet in the hub sector simply by having adjacent sectors connected :lol:

Nick Northern
x3tc

Post by Nick Northern » Wed, 16. Nov 11, 09:25

I had an Oddy, Deimos, Heavy Nemesis and a bunch of paranid fighters invade Aladna Hill. Destroyed all Argon ships in the sector and then destroyed the light weapons complex there. The Argons never sent much to stop them until the complex got aced, then an OTAS Boreas came in and single handedly wiped out the whole Paranid battle group. Was really fun to watch with my goggles IC. :)
Enemies make you stronger, allies make you weaker.
Frank Herbert

garv222

Post by garv222 » Wed, 16. Nov 11, 12:18

I had a mod which artificially created battles by spawning fleets with orders to attack each other. You'd get the racial enemies having at each other. The battles can get pretty awesome and if your pc isn't up to the task, painful to watch as your forces to turn away so you can actually steer.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”