Ships for Repair Lasers ?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SpongeBobSpacepants
x3tc

Ships for Repair Lasers ?

Post by SpongeBobSpacepants » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 11:15

So i was messing around with Script editor the other night and popped in some repair lasers (did it by mistake) Now i know you can use them in your space suit but can you install them into any known ships in the game. Oh btw talking about X3 TC. Thanks for any tips.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 11:17

Yes you can. One of the best I found is the Vidar. 10 forward mounted repair lasers is badass ;)

Basically anything that can mount tractor beams can mount them

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 11:24

Any Cockpit that can mount a Tractor Beam & Mobile Drilling System, can also mount Repair Lasers (that's why it's 3 white bars, not just 2 of them).

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 11:31

To turn the OP question around: which ship can fire repair lasers endlessly?

In my last game, even my Hype had to stop sometimes...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 11:40

Well if you want constant full-firing that would depend on the number fitted. Surely you can look at the energy rate one laser needs from its stats and then divide that into the ship laser energy recharge rate (rounding down) and that is how many you can fit and maintain at full-firing.

Of course we know from the suit performance that a cyclic-discharging repair laser getting at least some recharge still maintains the same repair rate as (or sometimes better than) a constant full-firing rate. Maybe then all the above is moot.

@ Mods: I think this should have been moved to S&M rather than Tech Sp.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Godzii
x3tc

Post by Godzii » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 12:40

No you can't install them into any ships, M6 and up only, to my knowledge.

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 15:24

I'd suggest the Aegir. It can use up to 8 RLs in the front which consume 800 MW of energy per second. With a laser energy replenishing rate of 1617 MW, it could handle up to 16 RLs, enabling you to fire endlessly.

best regards,

Rhox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

Westhill
x3tc

Post by Westhill » Tue, 15. Nov 11, 02:04

saw this thread, I assume it has to be a script, right? Vanilla repairs are space suit only?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 15. Nov 11, 02:46

Repair laser can be added to any ship easily enough. You just mod the ship file, and add the mining laser to the guns allowed list for the ship. Alternatively, you can do this for any turrent as well, in the cockpits file.

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Tue, 15. Nov 11, 10:53

Or you can add the Repair laser script, which will add the repair laser factory and you can purchase repair lasers on trading stations. On my previous game, I had 2 Argon magnetar with 2 lasers on each turret, had them equiped with a jump drive and ecells.....

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”