Questions about station (re)deployment & supply to NPC fabs & M7 docking

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

primvirlaux

Questions about station (re)deployment & supply to NPC fabs & M7 docking

Post by primvirlaux » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 17:10

Hey. I have some (mainly trading and station related) questions:

1) Is there a way to move a fab across sectors after deployment? I guess not, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something. Otherwise, can I sell a station?

2) Is there some way to build fabs or a complex in Aldrin? The TL that transports my stations can't jump to Aldrin, or can it?

3) I want to supply some (terran) NPC weapon fabs with the needed supplies (semi)automatically (i.e. several wares arrive at them regularly). What is the best way to do this? There is some "commodity" software, but I don't quite get how it works. Can someone give me a pointer? (e.g. do I need several freighters to bring different wares to one station?)

4) How do people handle using an M7 as the player ship (assumingI have no docking slots on the M7)? Do you have a smaller craft follow you around for docking? If so, which one? (I'm thinking about using my Vidar, but it's relatively slow). How do you avoid losing the docking craft due to collision/enemies?

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 17:21

1. You can move stations only within the sector it was deployed. And in vanilla, you can't sell it, unfortunately.

2. Any ship can jump to Aldrin. The lack of jumpgate means nothing, the ships will just appear near the original entry point.

3. The CLS is part of the Bonus Pack: there are several guides for it. It's a difficult, but very beneficial stuff if used well. One freighter can take care of more than one ware (and more than one station).

4. I usually pick up my M7 only as it needed and fly around in my Springblossom. Transporter device and Docking Computer are your friends to avoid unnecessary damages during docking procedures :-)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 17:26

1. Not in vanilla for both questions. There are repacker and move sctipts at the S&M forum or with a cheat pack you can destroy your station(s) and then give yourself their value in credits.

2. Yes to both questions since there is a jump beacon there and also another way to get there after the Aldrin plot is complete.

3. Read the notes for the vanilla-safe Bonus Pack, especially CLS and CAG.

4. Many M7 do have docking slots - some are even mini-carriers (eg Panther). Otherwise there are freight drones or any ship with a transporter meeting up with you (or just give your M7 one) and so there is no real need to dock anything to the M7. If you do want to dock a ship at the M7 then transport into it and use the docking computer - no collision risks. You can also dock the M7 and other ships for transfers at main docks if you want.

EDIT: A meeting of minds with Rive.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

primvirlaux

Post by primvirlaux » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 18:40

Thanks!

I should have phrased 2) differently, perhaps:

2) Can I make the TL that you can *hire* to transport your stuff jump to Aldrin?

Marvelous3175
x3tc

Post by Marvelous3175 » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 18:45

primvirlaux wrote:Thanks!

I should have phrased 2) differently, perhaps:

2) Can I make the TL that you can *hire* to transport your stuff jump to Aldrin?
No. they cannot use their jumpdrives
Spoiler
Show
after the aldrin plot theres a connection with aldrin to the terran sectors, then it's possible. But then you should already have your own TL

primvirlaux

Post by primvirlaux » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 18:54

Thanks a lot, everything answered. 'til next time :P

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”