[TC] Ships 'homed' to Military Outpost in Khaak sector 841?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Neil Depledge
x3tc

[TC] Ships 'homed' to Military Outpost in Khaak sector 841?

Post by Neil Depledge » Wed, 16. Nov 11, 12:05

When doing the FF plot missions that take you to defend the Military Outpost in Khaak sector 841 you do it and jump back to wherever and wait for your next mission. I’ve often wondered ‘what happens to the Commonwealth forces left behind in that Khaak sector?’ after you finish the entire plot.

In other games I’ve seen a Split task force, home based to that Outpost, on patrol passing thru Barren Shores. This seems to be a patrol from Rhonk’s Might to Family Rhy but they just fly in circles and take out the odd pirates.

In this game they appeared in Family Njy and filtered down to Xenon 472. I had just taken out the 2 stations in there when they ALL came in the East gate. When I say all I mean: Raptor + 32 o/b fighters, Python, Cobra, 2 Tigers, 5 Dragons, 13 Vipers and 40+ M3/4/5. Now, I’ve never seen that much stuff in the Khaak sector!

They have stayed in this sector for the last 4 hours and spend the time blasting any Xenon who made it from Xenon sector 598. I had 2 sats in the sector and noticed 3 Qs had made it. By the time I got there in my Springy the Raptor died.

Then later a shipyard appeared again but they never went for it, satisfying their bloodlust with whatever was spawned from it – so I took it out in my Claymore!

Never seen any other races ships claiming the Outpost as their home. They are probably ‘converted’ to Split by that mission commander. 8)

Have fun, pilots. :)

Neil

BDK
x3ap

Post by BDK » Wed, 16. Nov 11, 17:08

I cleared out a Xenon sector and a ton of Split ships, all homed in a Khaak sector, showed up and started patrolling. Was pretty neat while it lasted (Xenon sent 6 Q's to take the sector back, which they did) :) .

So friendly ships in Khaak sectors won't be totally useless when you finish the plot, unlike the 3 idling Terran Baldrics.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 16. Nov 11, 18:16

I've seen a Heavy Dragon Patrol, and a Heavy Centaur patrol both based to that MO. The Centaur was wandering around the Unknown North of M148, so it probably died.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Wed, 16. Nov 11, 18:22

Have something similar in my game, two tigers in Hatikvah's Faith are homebased to that outpost in khaak space. They've been lingering in HF for a long time now, killing any pirate/boron that comes along. Any pirate/boron afflifiated stations meet the same fate.
They just hang in that sector, only moving when something they enjoy shooting appears.

Mazz
x3tc

Post by Mazz » Thu, 17. Nov 11, 03:10

Once you go Khaak you can never hold bhaak? :lol:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”