I cant get keyboard to work at all during the game....

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

jaymcs

I cant get keyboard to work at all during the game....

Post by jaymcs » Wed, 16. Nov 11, 16:28

Hey, my first post hello to all,

I am using a logitech force 3d pro ..downloaded and installed the latest driver for the joystick, no button on the keyboard works during actual gameplay, am using a dell xps 630i with an intel core 2 quad core q9400 @ 2.66. And I'm using a nvidia geforce 260 with 1.8 gb of ram.

I have tried plugging the joystick out with no results. The keyboard I'm using is wireless but works fine in win7 an in menu system of the game.

All help is greatly appreciated,

Jay 8)

jaymcs

tried clicking the ignore setting's option...

Post by jaymcs » Wed, 16. Nov 11, 16:59

tried clicking the ignore setting's option as suggested in other tread but didn't help.

Has anyone got any idea's on this as I'm dying to play the game.

arnak
x3tc

X3 Problem.

Post by arnak » Thu, 17. Nov 11, 13:55

Hi,

Could we have a dxdiag as per the first sticky in this forum?

Arnak
Just remember that Murphy was an optimist!!

i7 4ghz, R290 vid card, 16 gig Ram, W7.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Thu, 17. Nov 11, 20:46

If I not remember bad, the logitech software install and virtual keyboard for the joystick buttons keymapping, this virtual keyboard under some circumtances enter in conflict with the fisic keyboard.

The best is to install only the joystick drivers, but not the button programming software, as currently most (surely all) games have and button designation option.

groveborn
x2

Post by groveborn » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 07:03

I'm running into the same problem. I bought through Steam, but the keyboard just does nothing. I'm running on a laptop (new), with great specs, but nothing's happening with the keyboard. I've tried every setting, every choice, ignoring settings, so on.

Joystick or no, the keyboard doesn't work. I even restarted for the fun of it.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 11:26

Try simply using the Steam file verification option.

Fazor3d

Post by Fazor3d » Thu, 1. Dec 11, 06:15

I'm having the same problem. Mouse looks around fine, but mouse buttons do nothing, and neither does keyboard input. System still registers keystrokes, as I can alt+f4 out of the game or alt+tab to windows, etc. But as far as the game goes, can't access any menus, controls, etc.

I tried ticking the "ignore settings" box from the launch window (was suggested in another thread.)

I also verified the files through steam.

Not using any fancy controllers; Laptop, so built in keyboard, and logitec mouse.

Would love to check the game out! But I'm kinda stumped.

(Steam version, X3: Reunion, of course.)

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”