Question about Savage Spur OOS Defense

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RoverTX
x4

Question about Savage Spur OOS Defense

Post by RoverTX » Wed, 16. Nov 11, 18:50

I have currently only built out in heavily npc defended sectors (like ore belt) and am wanting to build out Savage Spur.

If I am friendly with the yaki and parinid, is there anything major to worry about, and/or would I be fine with a couple of M7s and M6s guarding my stations there OOS.

I am a little confused as to what the god engine allows for with raiders, and if I should worry about Xeon Q all the way out in Savage spur.

Khift

Post by Khift » Wed, 16. Nov 11, 19:05

I've never personally seen a Q more than ~3 sectors away from a Xenon sector. Sometimes they can penetrate pretty deep if going through soft territory, but they always come from Xenon sectors in my experience. Given how far Savage Spur is from Xenon sectors I doubt you have anything to worry about there.

If you aren't friends with pirates you might want a decent patrol, however, seeing as pirate bases love to spawn in Savage Spur (in my experience). But other than that it should be a pretty safe place to build, assuming you don't have Improved Races installed like I do -- last time I went in Savage Spur the Kha'ak had claimed it and had 10 - TEN! - Kha'ak destroyers sitting on the south gate slaughtering every Yaki ship that tried to pass.

tbowen
x3tc

Post by tbowen » Thu, 17. Nov 11, 02:01

Savage Spur is great. If you are friendly with Yaki/Paranid, then all you have to worry about is the odd pirate (there is sometimes a pirate base in SS or the sector just south). But, the Yaki patrol pretty heavily and will take out pirates. AND, this is what makes it so fun, the Paranid also patrol SS. The Paranid and Yaki are constantly fighting each other. As a result, you can sometimes find nice cargo laying around the sector. I once collected enough disruptor missiles to fulfill a number of cargo missions for OTAS.

Finally, good custom. I've had a Weed/Booze plex in there and it rakes in cash.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Fri, 18. Nov 11, 00:48

I am getting the credits ready right now to build it out, and I was wondering if it would be a bad idea to link it to my complex in Ore Belt with the HUB. Would that just result in a giant Argon, Parinid, Yaki fighting ring in the middle of my hub? I notice pirates in my hub every once and a while but they don't seem to be aggressive towards anyone, so I am hoping I can do this with out some kind of huge draw back.

Godzii
x3tc

Post by Godzii » Fri, 18. Nov 11, 10:10

This is actually a great idea - connecting some core sector or the different races through the Hub. Imagine the firework... and the loot!

Now you could add a Xenon gate too, to spice it up.

Wow I need to try this

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 18. Nov 11, 11:45

@ Godzii: I hope your own traders (especially those not under direct control like LT/UT, mine and trade, etc) are not in the habit of visiting your Hub then!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

David Howland
x3tc

Savaged!

Post by David Howland » Fri, 18. Nov 11, 14:02

Savage Spur and the yaki sectors, I view as the balkans of X, a diplomatic hot spot!
I got my hack for the Yaki shipyard from the pirate base which is in the north of the sector in my game. I find an Akuma and Hosti guarding my Eq. Dock and complex is enough to keep the pirates at bay. Just remember, if jumping in capitals, do it to the south gate unless you clear the asteroids from the east gate. The only asteroids I moved where the higher yields for my complex, I regard the smaller ones as detering unwanted guests!
Back to the diplomatic nightmare, you have the eternal triangle of Yaki, Pirates and Paranid, with a occassional forays by Teladi and Boron. Argon will pass through to do business with the Yaki with small ships only.
I do not see this as a good hub connection point, as I have Presidents End connected and I like my hub gates to have as wide a spread as possible to aid jump travel throughout X universe.
Good Luck!
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

Gazz117

Post by Gazz117 » Fri, 18. Nov 11, 20:48

I connected my Hub to Grand Exchange and Argon Prime, i was going to connect it to Mars as well but the Terran stations are so big that my explorers crash into them when deploying my satellite network.

so i connected it to omicron lyrae for time being.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sat, 19. Nov 11, 13:16

I have not encountered Xenon in Savage Spur or Yaki space, it does seem to be quiet except for just a few Red (none Yaki) fighter Patrols.
The Xenon can one shot any of my ships, I just try to use the biggest guns on the biggest ships to try to deal with them.
But I would not alter that, as no one can win all the time.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sun, 20. Nov 11, 04:54

Gazz117 wrote:I connected my Hub to Grand Exchange and Argon Prime, i was going to connect it to Mars as well but the Terran stations are so big that my explorers crash into them when deploying my satellite network.

so i connected it to omicron lyrae for time being.
Um, just so you know, you can't connect to Mars. There's no gates there. (TOAs don't count.)

Having finally completed the Hub plot, I have it hooked to Neptune, Rhonkar's Fire, and Queen's Harbor.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”