Edit ship / weapon prices?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jamafish

Edit ship / weapon prices?

Post by jamafish » Sat, 19. Nov 11, 22:35

I made a few edits to certain ships and weapons in the game and want to make it so that they're prohibitively expensive to get my hands on (so it actually feels rewarding when I do get them). Which file should I be poking at? Skimmed through the .cat files but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 19. Nov 11, 23:07

[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216693]TC Tutorials[/url] points to a thread about ship price. That thread mentions "RelValue". Surely that name shows in doubleshadow's editor?

jamafish

Post by jamafish » Sun, 20. Nov 11, 00:30

huh, teaches me to use google to search for leads

F.A.B.

Post by F.A.B. » Sun, 20. Nov 11, 03:17

here you go...
best,
F.A.B.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 20. Nov 11, 03:55

For producable wares like lasers you better not plan on building a complex for them later if you mess with their price.
That changes the amount of supporting factories they require and you could end up with a PPC Fab that requires 1,78 food factories to run at normal efficiency.
It's just not... neat... to do such a thing. =)

It's a lot easier to just script yourself the credits (or the ships/wares in question) if you feel you should have something now rather than later.
There's no difference, you know, and it's certainly a lot less work. =P
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Cavemonkey

Both of them should be found under the types folder in your tc directory. use X3 edit

Post by Cavemonkey » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 18:54

Both of them should be found under the types folder in your tc directory. use X3 editor 2 to open twares.pck and tships.pick. For lasers open tlasers which is under cat file 5 but it either glitches the game or does nothing if you edit the cat files. I got a glitch where all astronauts turned into kha'ak clusters. Then I went and replaced the xenon n with the spacefly (Yes it is in the tships file with other ships). Lawls 8)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”