Repairing/selling ships? Also terran mission question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hypochondriac
x3tc

Repairing/selling ships? Also terran mission question

Post by Hypochondriac » Tue, 22. Nov 11, 00:55

I managed to disable a xeno fighter think its the l. I captured it but it has no weapons and very few shields. What happened to the weapons. Also do I need to buy something to repair ships I disable?

With a follow mission, how close do I have to be? How close cam I get before the target gets scared

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Tue, 22. Nov 11, 01:27

You don't say anything about which game you're playing, so I'll assume you're playing Terran Conflict.

Shields, weapons and equipment tend to disappear into thin air when you capture ships. It's just the way the game works, and as far as I know there's nothing you can do about it.

If you're playing TC, your space suit has a built in repair laser. Eject, point your nose at the ship you want to repair and pull the trigger. It's a fairly slow process, so you want to limit yourself to fighters and TS/TM/TP class unless you're really patient.
The other alternative is to dock at a shipyard and repair it there, but that cost money and can be quite expensive on bigger ships.

On "follow ship X to location Y"-missions they tend to get nervous at about ten kilometers. Personally I try to avoid getting closer than 12-13 kilometers, just to be on the safe side.

Edit: Just in case - no, you can't buy a repair laser in vanilla TC. The one in your suit is the only one in the whole universe. And if you're playing Reunion the only option is to repair your ship at the shipyard.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Hypochondriac
x3tc

Post by Hypochondriac » Tue, 22. Nov 11, 04:07

Thanks. Is the only place I can sell them shipyards? Can I sell them remotely? Or do I have to be in the same system/station? Lastly can I see estimated value of the ship without being at a ship yard

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Tue, 22. Nov 11, 04:32

Hypochondriac wrote:Thanks. Is the only place I can sell them shipyards?
As far as I know, yes.
Can I sell them remotely?

Yes, but you need to have the Trading System Extension installed to do so, which you can find that in most equipment docks. Then you can sell it by opening the map, go to the sector where the ship is located, switch to sector view, highlight the shipyard and press enter. Then chose trade or go directly to the trade menu (default hotkey is d).
Lastly can I see estimated value of the ship without being at a ship yard
I'm not sure, to be honest. I think the encyclopedia will show the average price once you stumble across a shipyard that sells it, but take that with a grain of salt. It's worth noting that the shipyard will only pay half of the average price (IIRC) if you chose to sell it.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 22. Nov 11, 09:43

Although buying 2nd hand ships in TC at under 79% hull .repairing them,and selling on , can yield dividends.

Buying 2nd hand at stations,even at 100% hull, may well provide you with extra goods or marines,depending on the ship you buy.

When you buy in space,most ships are stripped of anything useful,unless you are very quick at boarding once owned.

Hypochondriac
x3tc

Post by Hypochondriac » Tue, 22. Nov 11, 12:18

Thanks, what symbol is displayed when npc has ships for sale?

Also when fightning is it just luck that disables the enemy ship rather then blows it but, or is there a way to disable it everytime?

Donziboy2
x3tc

Post by Donziboy2 » Tue, 22. Nov 11, 14:00

Actually its more of they "eject" then ship disabled. And its not 100%.

Be careful buying ships for sale from npc's, sometimes they will charge you more then the ship is worth fully repaired...

The ones for sale usually start out behind a gate, I cant remember the symbol but you can see it if you bring up the sector map, not many npc ships give missions or sell ships at the same time.

Hypochondriac
x3tc

Post by Hypochondriac » Tue, 22. Nov 11, 14:11

Ah thanks, I wanted to disable a few more xeno fighters. and wasn't sure how I did it the first time.

ConCorDian
x4

Post by ConCorDian » Tue, 22. Nov 11, 14:22

iirc the mechanics are that at 80% and 20% hull you get a chance of the pilot ejecting, and i think its based on your fight rank to the likly hood of that happening.

Hypochondriac
x3tc

Post by Hypochondriac » Tue, 22. Nov 11, 14:30

Thanks for letting me know that. Time to assign a weak weapon to a cluster, so I try to get ships to 20% hull w/o blowing them up

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 22. Nov 11, 20:56

Ships for sale is the credit sign.

Usually,if you buy ships for over the odds at a station,you are likely to get ship upgrades or marines or both.
Maybe some gunnery etc., (but don't quote me on that).

But yes,be wary of overpriced ships in space. If they have anything of value,it's usually gone by the time you get to pilot it.
There was a thread a while back that showed that if you entered the bought ship within seconds of purchase,then you stand a good chance of keeping some of the stuff.

Hypochondriac
x3tc

Post by Hypochondriac » Tue, 22. Nov 11, 21:29

thanks for all the info. One more question is there a script or add one that lets you add a repair laser to your ship? looked at the scripts page but didn't see it

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 23. Nov 11, 09:16

I believe there is or was one somewhere.

However , careful use of Cycrow's Cheat package will get you many items like these,including un-purchasable stations etc.

eg EQ Dock,owned by you that supplies upgrades .

I say "careful use" because you can either make the game too easy or too hard and ruin the game-play fun.

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Wed, 23. Nov 11, 09:46

Scripts with good Repair Options are Gazz's MARS script with "Drone Repairs" enabled, & Takatu's Marine Repairs.

That being said, I haven't actually used any scripts since 2.1, so I can't guarantee that they're compatible with the current version.

Also there's supposed to be a Vanilla cloning exploit that let's you generate Repair Lasers at the Hub or a Player-owned EQD, but my attempts at it consistently fail.
Last edited by JAFA_NZ on Tue, 29. Nov 11, 06:32, edited 1 time in total.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 29. Nov 11, 03:57

ConCorDian wrote:iirc the mechanics are that at 80% and 20% hull you get a chance of the pilot ejecting, and i think its based on your fight rank to the likly hood of that happening.
87% hull, no shields is the start of the 'Oh no I'm gonna die!' pilot bail chance, & has been since X2 at least. Every sucessful (ie damaging)l hull hit after that has a chance to make the pillot bail. Note that in TC IDs & similar weapons won't have the same effect, despite their devastating shield damage.

Someone calculated the hit ratio quite a while ago & I can't be bothered to look it up, but IIRC it boiled down to (if you're absolutely determined to make this pilot bail) cause hull damage every 30s. So fly away & come back, causing damage at each pass. Most players will be frustrated by this (rightfully so IMO), but if it's a hulk you're desperately needing then give it a whirl! Check out the end of the bluebook ATF mssion walkthroughs for details
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”