Disruptor Missiles

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ripskar
x3ap

Disruptor Missiles

Post by Ripskar » Fri, 25. Nov 11, 19:03

Needed for the Corporation missions how do you all go about collecting these?

Currently my strategy is to take an M7M into 347 / 472 and level the place.
I then collect what I can from the wreckage.

Anyone come up with a better plan?
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Fri, 25. Nov 11, 19:13

I've set the Hub to buy them.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Fri, 25. Nov 11, 20:14

StarSword wrote:I've set the Hub to buy them.
That works? Would it work for any Dock/Trading station with it is as a ware?

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Fri, 25. Nov 11, 20:35

Kirlack wrote:
That works? Would it work for any Dock/Trading station with it is as a ware?
I actually haven't gotten any yet, but I only set it up yesterday afternoon. The idea is to attract NPC weapons dealers, so we'll see.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 25. Nov 11, 21:37

But they are not produced anywhere and NPC Traders sell what they buy. The ships that do spawn with Disruptors are not traders.

Lord Kellmar
x3tc

Post by Lord Kellmar » Fri, 25. Nov 11, 23:12

If you don't mind the modified tag, there is a mod to add Disruptor missile fabs in the game.
Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature
[ external image ]

Glaceious

Post by Glaceious » Fri, 25. Nov 11, 23:19

After playing for a year and doing allmost everything I went modified and havent looked back.

Disruptor missiles are fun anti-fighter missiles and i use them regularly along w/ Hornet and Firestorm when im flying my non-terran ships.

Modified FTW ..... if your ready for a different gaming experience.
Yours sais "replica", Mine sais "Desert Eagle .50"

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Fri, 25. Nov 11, 23:33

I know it was criticized in a recent thread that it gets mentioned quite often now, but there still is kurush's vanilla cloning trick that can get you thousands of those missiles at once. Just follow the third link in my sig (the thread is english). All you need for cloning is at least one sample of the missile...

best regards,
Rhox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sat, 26. Nov 11, 01:48

I've had Disruptor Missiles as a ware at my Hub almost since I got it.
Never had one sold to me, though I've never connected it to the Yaki sectors.
I've cranked up the price to max and for good measure I've stuck a trading station in Senator's Badlands with a similar deal.
I suppose we just wait and see if anyone actually sells one...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sat, 26. Nov 11, 03:11

Have to agree with jlehtone, the npc don't buy or sell disruptors unfortunately.

My personal method for collecting them is to hang out in a sector with a Q patrol and you should pick up 3 or 4 in a matter of minutes if the sector is busy enough, should also get a few other goodies too :)
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Post by Bill Huntington » Sat, 26. Nov 11, 03:45

Ripskar, the best choice is probably just to abort those missions with Disruptors.

This one is hard, but sometimes you can reload to a time before you got the mission with Disruptors. You will still get a Missile Delivery mission, but it will probably be for different missiles.

Good Luck !
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 26. Nov 11, 04:04

My method requires mods, but it's a simple matter of parking a CODEA carrier in a sector with a lot of pirates. Any Teladi Sector works, Merchant Haven in particular, and filling it with OOS capable fighters, like Falcon Haulers, and a few fast movers.

Then a TL running CODEA, but all Cargo Salvage. You'll end up with a surprisingly large number of missiles in a surprisingly short time.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Nick Northern
x3tc

Post by Nick Northern » Sat, 26. Nov 11, 04:30

I personally see no problem with script/modding disruptor fabs in as a way to fill this requirement, as it seems more legit to me to fill corporate orders from fabs you buy and pay for yourself, instead of using the vanilla dupe cheat. To each their own though, and if it doesn't bother you, the dupe would probably get that mission out of your way faster.

I invade Xenon Sector 627 all the time, just to bump up my fight rank. At the moment, as an Assassin, I get a K and J, 3 or 4 Q's, about as many P's and PX's, and a whole mess of fighters when I go in there. Haven't had any capitals respawn on me yet (in about an hour of fighting at a time), and the respawn rate is about 2 Q's, 2 P's and 8 or 9 fighters every 10 minutes or so. A heavily armed M7 or M2 piloted by you can kill stuff in there all day with a Mistral or Springblossom picking up the dropped wreckage of the destruction you leave behind you. I probably get around 10-15 disruptor missiles an hour while doing this, which I just hold aside for the corporate missions. This isn't a very...efficient way of getting disruptors, but it does do the trick if you enjoy smashing Xenon and need to bump your fight rating fast.

My suggestion is to just mod in disruptor fabs though. Seems to me to be adding a feature, not a cheat. http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=283243
Enemies make you stronger, allies make you weaker.
Frank Herbert

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Tue, 29. Nov 11, 01:25

Disruptor fabs sounds intrigueing.
In the meantime I've set a new strategy by connecting the Hub to Senator's Badlands and the other gates to somewhere with a fair ammount of military traffic... :fg:

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Tue, 29. Nov 11, 18:09

I usually accept and then abort, such missions.

You could try scanning weapon dealers/random ships hauling those missiles. Hit them with an ID, and comm spam them to drop their cargo. But I'm not sure if it'll work or not. Guess you also could just blow them up, and hope that the random generator spits them out.

Mazz
x3tc

Post by Mazz » Thu, 1. Dec 11, 01:22

Threesixtyci wrote:I usually accept and then abort, such missions.
Best way by far. No need to bother doing anything, just lose a little bit of rep with corp from aborting, and wait for a less cumbersome mission.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Thu, 1. Dec 11, 12:39

The thing is the repositioned Hub is actually working, The Paranid, Argon and Borons are all using Senator's Badlands as a shortcut which results in many DMs getting dropped...
The question is 'how long do I want the Hub here?'

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

David Howland
x3tc

Marine Training Centre!

Post by David Howland » Fri, 2. Dec 11, 21:34

Hey Guys Behold the GOOD NEWS!
I have tried being nice to the Yaki to get IBLs, I have purchased three so far?
I searched battle sites, (even created a few), to find Dis. Mis.; I found a dozen?
Both these results are over a year!
Two months ago I set up my Dukes Domain Marine Fight Training Centre to prepare marines for boarding a Tyr. I have boarded 21 Zeus and 1 nemesis and destroyed about 50 Nemesis. I have taken over 100 IBLs and collected nearly 50 Dis. mis. If anyones interested I can give details.
My problem is I cannot stop collecting DMs, I sacked doing Corp. missions sometime ago when I got locked out Otas HQ and declared I would have no further truck with those untrustworthy money- grubbing scum!
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”