can't dock in Torus

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

herbee
x3tc

can't dock in Torus

Post by herbee » Sun, 27. Nov 11, 20:45

Hi all I'm flying the Vidor and can't complete docking. If I use the autodocking it moves me out of the flight path and I get killed. When I dock manually I fly in ok but nothing happens to complete the docking.
Can anyone explain the answer to this please ? :evil: :?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 27. Nov 11, 22:31

This is gameplay and so belongs on the Universe forum. If you are using AI assist at the last minute then perhaps your ship is having a collision avoidance crisis of faith near the docking arm and stops a bit short right below the docking arm. If you watch carefully you might see it jig up and forward a bit every 5 sec or so until it eventually docks - using SETA helps speed things up there.

Otherwise, have you tried comming the Torus to ask for permission to dock and then flying at less than 40m/s at the green docking marker? Or you could just use your docking computer when in range to insta-dock if you have bought one.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

herbee
x3tc

Post by herbee » Mon, 28. Nov 11, 13:39

Hi sorry I put this in wrong forum, maybe they will move the stream Thanks very much, I managed to do it ok with the scabbard in the end.it seems that there is some sort of problem with the auto pilot sequence as it takes you out of prescribed flight path and you get shot by the Torus defence net work.
the same thing is also happening when I try to leave and also the claymore on auto pilot gets blown up.

I'm running version 3.1 with cycrows cheat enabled, maybe that's causing some kind of conflict. :)
Stop the World, I wanna get off !!!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 29. Nov 11, 23:33

The cheat pack doesn't do anything to the games mechanics, and it's not affecting the autopilot. As mentioned above, don't use the autopilot when in the Earth Torus sector, and don't have any of your AI-controlled ships fly there when you're in the sector either. The 'safe' pathway is just too narrow and the collision avoidance algorithms will cause the ships to move out of the safe zone. Beyond the one mission at the end of the Terran plot, you shouldn't ever have to go there yourself again. Be thankful for small favors. :wink:

And I'll move this to the main forum where it belongs.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 30. Nov 11, 11:16

I'm running version 3.1 with cycrows cheat enabled,
just use the dock ship command from the package if you are having vanilla problems :)

David Howland
x3tc

Not Close Enough!

Post by David Howland » Wed, 30. Nov 11, 11:32

If you have the docking computer, it sounds like you have been using the dock command too early, if auto-pillock is trying to land it!
As said apart from one mission there is no need for personal visits. Torus does have a great selection of extensions available but your ships can travel there for upgrading remotely, without landing problems.
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

herbee
x3tc

My thanks

Post by herbee » Wed, 30. Nov 11, 16:07

My thanks to you all spacers :)
In the end as I said above it worked fine with the scabbard so stuck with that.... Then when leaving stayed manual and told the Claymore to follow me once I was clear of the dock pylons.

now onwards to the next story line when I find it :lol:
Stop the World, I wanna get off !!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”