X3TC: Teladi Trafficker start is wacked.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nividium

X3TC: Teladi Trafficker start is wacked.

Post by Nividium » Tue, 29. Nov 11, 16:54

So I start a new game start as "Teladi Trafficker" (in Seizwell) and quickly repair my ship using my space suit repair laser. My rep is very low and I have 10,000 credits. So, I limp along at 49k/s trying to make trades in (Teladi Gain). It seems every time I get to a SPP in (Family Whi) that was selling at 12 credits has changed to 15-17 credits by the time I get there as an NPC trader just buys right when I dock. I keep making trades and supplying stations with ecells making 1-2 credits per ecell. The station had zero ecells when I was just about to dock, but then an NPC would sell them before me. I looked for a better place to buy ecells and found (Shareholder's Fortune) that had 4 SPP and seemed like it was deserted as there were no NPC traders and all the selling prices at the stations were 12cr. So I figured now we're getting somewhere. But, it didn't take long before the NPC's moved into this sector too, ruining my source buys. Then I still had the problem with bad selling prices. There was no future in selling ecells anymore.

So, I learned that the Bliss place was constantly out of Swamp Plant and that there was only one Dream Farm in Teladi Gain and it was constantly out of stock. Now, if I could just buy a Dream Farm, I would have this game in the bag. But, my rep was too low to buy a Dream Farm and I didn't have the credits to buy one. Then it dawned on me that in prior games I had found 2 abandoned ships in this region. Sounds like a plan. So, I flogged along selling ecells until my rep was Teladi Company Trader. Now I could buy the Dream Farm if I had the credits. Next move, get those abandoned ships and sell them. No problem after 2 hours of re-searching I found them both.

So, I wait around in Seizwell for several hours waiting for a TL to show up and it does. I buy the Dream Farm with plenty of credits to spare and order it to go to Teladi Gain. I set up the station right beside the Bliss Place station and have already bought overpriced ecells to get it going. I also upgraded my ship so now I can go 79k/s top speed etc. I set up my new station and spend the next hour buying ecells to pump into my Dream Farm. Finally, the moment of truth. I have 930 Swamp Plants ready for sale and the Bliss Place is out of stock and paying top credits for it. I transfer 930 Swamp Plant over to my ship and make the 2 minute trip over to the Bliss Place and get ready to sell. I am so proud, I am finally getting some where. But, during the 2 minutes it took me to load and fly over to the Bliss Place, an NPC freighter sold them 1500 Swamp Plants. My jaw hit the floor. I know damn well the NPC Dream Farm had no stock and there isn't another Dream Farm for 10 or more sectors away. So how did that fricken happen? The game is cheating to screw me up that's how.

There is no credits in trading ecells and the return on Swamp Plants is too low. So, I give in. If there are so many fricken NPC traders, I will let them do the work. I adjust my stations selling price to average -1 and set buy price for ecells at average +1. Now the station is running but my return on investment is crap and profits are so low it will take years to pay off the purchase price of the station.

This game start has been one dissapointment after another.

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Tue, 29. Nov 11, 18:21

You have plenty of time to make the credits. The start that unlocks after you complete that one is likely going to make you cry. But that one too gives you more than enough time to make all it's credits.

I suggest finding a pirate base and getting a cargo life support upgrade, then search around for taxi missions (such as: I need a fast ship or military transport type missions) that don't require a TP ship, or traveling in luxury. Then earn enough for a Discovery, and use the Disco as your main ship. Move over the cargo life support, and buy yourself a mineral scanner for Asteroid Scan missions.

With those two add-ons you'll make 10,000 credits in no time. Same system applies for the other start, but you should also buy a TP ship after making enough credits for one.

An M8 can make you lot's of money, too. But you'll also need at least 2 jump drives and a small ship to carry the other jumpdrive. (Or use the menu exploit and not even bother with an M8... But I don't like abusing exploits. In that you order the ship to jump, open up the transfer cargo menu, let it jump then transfer you jump drive back. You do need the teleporter upgrade though.) You can then do return ship missions, and when you get a nice expensive one, don't return it... sell it.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 29. Nov 11, 18:47

Threesixtyci wrote:You have plenty of time to make the credits. The start that unlocks after you complete that one is likely going to make you cry. But that one too gives you more than enough time to make all it's credits....
You're thinking of the 'Tormented Teladi' start, not to be confused with the more generic 'Teladi Trafficker' start which the OP is playing. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Tue, 29. Nov 11, 18:53

I find Teladi Trafficker to be a relatively relaxed start, though slightly harder than Pious Paranid.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Coupaholic
x3tc

Post by Coupaholic » Tue, 29. Nov 11, 18:55

I started with that one, quite enjoyed it actually - managed to get my first TL and a good amount of cash together with a plan to introduce myself to the Yaki and help out their economy.

To begin with I never really touched ecells, ore was the way to go - it was plentiful in Seizewell and it had a good amount of demand in surrounding sectors (I spent a good few hours in just that one sector ferrying ore to the tech fas.) Wasn't long before I could afford a certain M5 missile and go after scan and taxi missions, and that's all she wrote.

I'd have gotten further until my machine got poorly, and proceeded to delete everything on my drive including all my save games. I was quite um, 'upset.'

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Wed, 30. Nov 11, 01:00

Coupaholic wrote:...
To begin with I never really touched ecells, ore was the way to go - it was plentiful in Seizewell and it had a good amount of demand in surrounding sectors (I spent a good few hours in just that one sector ferrying ore to the tech fas.) Wasn't long before I could afford a certain M5 missile and go after scan and taxi missions, and that's all she wrote. ...
I did some Ore trading in Seizewell and figured it was good enough for another Ore Mine, given that it only had the one and it was constantly being drained by NPC traders. I should build my own Ore Mine there. So, I bought a Kestral and mineral scanner and began to scan the Seizwell sector for Ore Asteroids. Most were of poor quality and some with yields of 18, so one of those will have to do. I go to toward the shipyard and check my sector map for the TL and what the frig! Here is another Ore Mine built while I was away scanning the damn asteroids. The "god" engine just up and put another mine there.

I should give up and just watch the game play itself. It doesn't need me.

jamafish

Post by jamafish » Wed, 30. Nov 11, 06:39

Nividium wrote:
To begin with I never really touched ecells, ore was the way to go - it was plentiful in Seizewell and it had a good amount of demand in surrounding sectors (I spent a good few hours in just that one sector ferrying ore to the tech fas.) Wasn't long before I could afford a certain M5 missile and go after scan and taxi missions, and that's all she wrote. ...
I did some Ore trading in Seizewell and figured it was good enough for another Ore Mine, given that it only had the one and it was constantly being drained by NPC traders. I should build my own Ore Mine there. So, I bought a Kestral and mineral scanner and began to scan the Seizwell sector for Ore Asteroids. Most were of poor quality and some with yields of 18, so one of those will have to do. I go to toward the shipyard and check my sector map for the TL and what the frig! Here is another Ore Mine built while I was away scanning the damn asteroids. The "god" engine just up and put another mine there.

Terran economy definitely needs you.

Coupaholic
x3tc

Post by Coupaholic » Wed, 30. Nov 11, 10:31

Nividium wrote:

Tough break, but look on the bright side - at least you didn't hire a TL and buy a mine ready to set down, I'd call that a lucky escape!

I tend to avoid any kind of building until I can afford to build my own complexes. Not sure why, by the time I can afford a single factory I think I may as well carry on until I can afford the full bells and whistles.

Since you've had no luck on the factory front maybe you could try ST's? Once you have a fleet of them you'll earn a decent income, and if you keep them in safe sectors you can just leave them to it.

They'll help you build ranks so that once you can afford a TL you can go after those juicy build station missions - potentially millions in profit plus more when your own ships turn up to supply it.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Wed, 30. Nov 11, 14:04

GoD doesn't place mines iirc.. And there are two Ore Mines in Siezewell by default. An M and an L.
Didn't look hard enough..

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Thu, 1. Dec 11, 05:59

Infekted wrote:GoD doesn't place mines iirc.. And there are two Ore Mines in Siezewell by default. An M and an L.
Didn't look hard enough..
Maybe your right. But "god" must have killed one of the Ore Mines off, because now I only have one again. Comes too late as I have already spent my credits on 2 Flower Farms in another sector to feed the Oil Factories.

[ external image ]

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 1. Dec 11, 18:33

Infekted wrote:GoD doesn't place mines iirc.....
Actually, GoD will replace destroyed mines. The ones in Nopileos' Memorial regularly get destroyed by pirates or Xenon, for example, and I've captured TL's bringing a replacement more than once. TL + free Ore Mine = Cool Pirate Booty. :fg:

'GoD' does not require an asteroid to (re)place an NPC mine, in case you were wondering. :mrgreen:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 1. Dec 11, 18:46

Sadly it only seems to place M mines. At least that I've seen. I've seen both Albatross, and Hercules heading through Haktikvah's to replace mines.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Sat, 3. Dec 11, 04:02

This is a very strong start for bartering, if you're into that sort of thing. If your head straight to the nearest trading station (before repairing your ship!) you can pick up about ~80 teladianuim from the starting stock before it disapears.

Then you can repair if that's your thing, or not (and just buy repairs later), and start cruising around bartering teladianium off one at a time for more valuable cargo. 80 tel. will get a few million credits by the time you unload all of them which is a lot more solid than some game starts.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”