Mining Career (Not Nividium)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dank7430
x3ap

Mining Career (Not Nividium)

Post by Dank7430 » Sun, 4. Dec 11, 18:23

So after trying multiple careers on TC, I find I am getting rather bored of them :)

I have decided to go for mining as I have little to none experience in this aspect of the game. While I cant see it being profitable, I am actually rather into the idea even if it takes longer to earn good credits.

So my plan is to start with mobile miners, work with ore and silicon till I have enough to make a small fleet maybe 10?. Then buy an TL to deliver the product to, then be sold by (I think cag is the script im thinking of) to neighbouring factories. Untill local area is saturated.

In areas where there is always demand I was thinking of setting up some actual mines, but rather than have them produce ore/silicon buy some miners to collect the ore/silicon to stock the station. Then have a ship sell it. I will only be picking low yeild roids for this obv so I can use the usefull one's in plexes.

I think I have thought of everything :gruebel: anyway comments suggestings would be welcome :D

Some questions.

1. I remember in reunion when I done some mining I could place a advanced sat and name it ore/silicon and thats all the ships would collect, however im not sure on exactly how I done this and how it would be implemented in TC

2.Could someone point me to the appropriate training guide to cads/cls as om not sure which one I need to use for strategy outlined.

3. I was just going to be using local ships for the mining as simplicity seems easiest as im working out of argon prime area of the map, if however there is a must have ship that I should use for mining advice would be appreciated :D

Thats all for now, though no doubt I will have many more questions as I get responses, or through gameplay.

Thanks for reading, Daniel

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 4. Dec 11, 18:46

See page two of this thread...
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 62#3738162

iirc the trick for naming the ship with goods to trade in is no longer in TC. :(

But you can still rename your sats to help you know where there are.
In areas where there is always demand I was thinking of setting up some actual mines, but rather than have them produce ore/silicon buy some miners to collect the ore/silicon to stock the station. Then have a ship sell it. I will only be picking low yield roids for this obv so I can use the useful one's in plexes.
What a novel idea :)
" Oi loike dat !" , as Norman might have said.

Dank7430
x3ap

Post by Dank7430 » Sun, 4. Dec 11, 22:16

What a novel idea
" Oi loike dat !" , as Norman might have said.
Thanks for the help :D , definetley cags im looking to use for stations and cls on ships working for the TL. That thread had mostly everything im looking for and had links to the rest. As for the Idea wish I could say it was mine, but I found it awhile ago while lurking around the forums im sure it was in reference to gathering for the hub. If I could remeber who it was by I would give credit :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”