Disappearing Yaki... Running away?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Morkonan
x3tc

Disappearing Yaki... Running away?

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 11. Dec 11, 05:25

I don't see very many Yaki running around. At least, not in sectors that I frequent. I haven't made a special target out of them, have peace with the pirates and max rep with everyone else. (Except Goner, am working that up as well.)

But, what I do find is that when there are Yaki in a sector that I am entering, they leave... It most always, as far as I can tell, is a singleton Yaki ship that jumps out. And, the times that I have been quick enough to target in in the few seconds I have when first entering the sector, it usually has a "Combat" mission tag on it.

What's up with that? Why are the Yaki running from me? Are they running? Is this some sort of weird cache bug? The Yaki, so far, appear to be fairly healthy and I'm at a loss why they appear to keep running from me every time I enter a sector...

I haven't had the time to jump down to their sectors and investigate. I just wanted to see if any others have run across this.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Yaki missions

Post by Bill Huntington » Sun, 11. Dec 11, 06:00

That probably means that your rep with them is so low they won't give you Anything.

You can check your rep with 'Thereshallbewings'. If you do it, reload or you get a modified tag.

If someone has very low Yaki rep, the usual advice is to find the yaki ship like that, and take the mission they offer, which is usually to kill a convoy of a major race. And you can't even get that.

Good Luck !
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sun, 11. Dec 11, 08:45

They stick around longer in Pirate/Unknown sectors. 1 or 2 missions should give you access to the Yaki shipyard and from there you can pick up more missions.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 11. Dec 11, 11:59

You don't have to target them to comm them; simply comm them directly from your sector map screen. Go & blow up the freighters the pilot asks you to, & you shouldn't have any more problems
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

David Howland
x3tc

Yaki - Reverse Rep?

Post by David Howland » Sun, 11. Dec 11, 16:22

You think you might have problems with the Yaki, I am the player with the Yaki reverse rep. problem!
I have sizeable complexes in Oc.s Storm, Sen. Badlands and two in Weavers T. My ships get attacked in WT and if I try doing missions in those sectors my rep. gets worse ie. Yaki ships and stations start to turn red. The only way I have managed to get stations in WT to from red to blue is by leaving the sectors for six months!
To return to your Q. though, I have been running my Marine Fight Training Centre for two months in Dukes Domain and Paranid, Teladi and Yaki visit frequently and often have mission requests. I am too busy training my marines at the moment but sometime I will try giving Yaki missions, another go.
As for leaving other sectors when you enter, maybe they are just shy?
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Mon, 12. Dec 11, 12:00

Those ships are the ships offering missions to get you from -2 (or more) to high enough to take missions from their stations.

However, if your rep is really bad, I.E. worse than -2 they will jump out as soon as they see you enter a sector. Although as pointed out, you can still take the mission if you are quick enough at spamming commands.

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Mon, 12. Dec 11, 15:21

Snafu_X3 wrote:You don't have to target them to comm them; simply comm them directly from your sector map screen. Go & blow up the freighters the pilot asks you to, & you shouldn't have any more problems
Just don't do those missions from a race sector. The locals will likely destroy your quest giver, before too long.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Mon, 12. Dec 11, 16:06

It can be relatively easier to make friends weith the Yaki than other Factions.
Transport or Supply Missions are my preferred format, as taking on assassination missions can annoy other Factions too.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”