Yet another quick OOS question - Mining

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BryanNeff
x3tc

Yet another quick OOS question - Mining

Post by BryanNeff » Mon, 12. Dec 11, 22:39

Forgive all the OOS related questions. I've been playing for years, since back when Reunion was young, and I've never actually taken the time to ask the questions that built up.

On the Mobile Mining Guide, it's stated that rock yield matters, but the entire guide seems to be talking about IS, player mining.

OOS mining obviously functions a little differently. If set to collect rocks from a broken up asteroid, is yield relevant? What other factors contribute to the quantity collected by each ship?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 13. Dec 11, 22:30

if IS then the rocks reform or respawn (iirc), and you have to break them again.

There has been a thread on it recently ,but not sure which one.
Last edited by TTD on Wed, 14. Dec 11, 10:24, edited 1 time in total.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 13. Dec 11, 23:45

It's not the yield that's infinite, it's the number of rocks that can be collected. Yield determines how much mineral is in each rock. So yes, yield does matter OOS in that the higher the yield, the faster your miners can collect the minerals. Or so my experience indicates.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”