All knowledge of the Tractor Beam has vanished from my game (X3TC)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

shireknight
x3tc

All knowledge of the Tractor Beam has vanished from my game (X3TC)

Post by shireknight » Tue, 13. Dec 11, 21:39

I know for a fact I used a Tractor Beam earlier on in my game to move one of my stations around Presidents End however I'm now doing a mission where I need a Tractor Beam and suspiciously none of my ships have one equipped even though I'm sure I'm looking at the very ship that had it and also there is no mention of such thing as a Tractor Beam in the in-game encyclopaedia.

I have been forced to actually buy my own Tractor Beam factory just to make one which takes forever lol.

Is this a scripted event because I really don't see how my Tractor Beam can just vanish and all references to the device erase itself from the encyclopaedia :?
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 13. Dec 11, 21:49

Nothing is ever removed from the encyclopaedia by intention. I would have thought that owning a producing Tractor Beam factory might have forced a Tractor Beam entry even if you hadn't come across one before. Gamefile corruption springs to mind as a likely reason if your recollection is correct. Have you tried a Steam 'verify gamefiles cache'? (I'm assuming you use Steam from your signature.)

Just as a sanity check, you are looking for it at the very bottom of the list of Lasers in the encyclopaedia?
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Tue, 13. Dec 11, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Tue, 13. Dec 11, 21:52

Er no I've looked for it in ship upgrades and tech goods and in fact probably every area of the encyclopaedia bar the weapons section -don't tell me it's classed as a weapon lol

That didn't even cross my mind :D

Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 13. Dec 11, 21:54

Well it does fit in a laser slot in the turret/main battery and is always installed or selected under the weapon menu.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Tue, 13. Dec 11, 21:56

Yes a very good point -I'll check when I get home from work but I've got a very bad feeling I'm in error and owe you a big thank you Alan :D

Thank you Alan -just in case I'm in error which it sounds like I am :)

Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”