X3: Terran Conflict + XTM, will Albion Prelude work fine with it?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Saber15
x4

X3: Terran Conflict + XTM, will Albion Prelude work fine with it?

Post by Saber15 » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 06:26

I run my Terran Conflict game with Xtended Terran Conflict, which modifies some game files (ie the music). Will Albion Prelude require a vanilla install of Terran Conflict, or will I be okay with the modded X3TC?

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 10:30

XTM is for X3:Reunion and will work with no version of X3:TC, be that the base game or with the X3:AP addon.
In case you're referring to the XTC, no, since it's for X3:TC and not X3:AP.

And as that was most likely going to be the next question: No, there are no plans at the moment to make the XTC X3:AP compatible.

Lastly, this is the wrong place to ask such a question. Next time, try the Scripts & Modding Forums. ;)

{...moved to the correct forum - CBJ}

Saber15
x4

Post by Saber15 » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 14:05

enenra wrote:XTM is for X3:Reunion and will work with no version of X3:TC, be that the base game or with the X3:AP addon.
In case you're referring to the XTC, no, since it's for X3:TC and not X3:AP.

And as that was most likely going to be the next question: No, there are no plans at the moment to make the XTC X3:AP compatible.

Lastly, this is the wrong place to ask such a question. Next time, try the Scripts & Modding Forums. ;)

{...moved to the correct forum - CBJ}
I mean XTC. I run X3TC with the XTC mod. Since Albion Prelude requires X3 Terran Conflict as the base game, I was wondering if I would need a clean install of X3TC in order to prevent weird bugs in the expansion (like Albion Prelude playing XTC music instead of vanilla). I do not mean that I want to use XTC in Albion; I plan to leave Albion pretty vanilla.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 21:25

any mods that are installed as fake patches in TC could affect AP, as AP needs to read the base files from TC as well.

things like scripts, or mods that are installed in the mod files will not effect AP however

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”