Flak weapons, CFA's/FAA, or both?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sharx
x3tc

Flak weapons, CFA's/FAA, or both?

Post by sharx » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 22:02

I'm planning on buying a boreas soon, and have already got most of the PPCs for the front, back, left and right turrets. That just leaves the up and down turrets, which i'm i'm planning to add some flak weapons for fighter defense. I'm hoping the veterans here can share some of their wisdom on flak configurations, as well as why they're effective :D .

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 22:35

both are the same in terms of effectiveness.

if you want flak that looks like..well...flak then choose the CFA.
if you want combat FPS saving, then go FFA.

though with CFA it can be combined with an ION-D(or multiple ION-D combined with a CFA =P) to extend its range as it can bounce along the shards.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Revenat342
x3tc

Post by Revenat342 » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 01:02

Never heard of that combo before... going to try it on some Terran fascists when I get my Panther Raider in AP.

I was always under the impression that CFA was less accurate/inferior to the FAA, but maybe it was just the combat lag aspect. Got abetter machine now, so I'll go !!SCIENCE!! that.

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 01:25

its mostly slow bullet speed missing targets gliding along the hull @ 300+ m/s =P
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”