Achivement List

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mugwump
x3

Achivement List

Post by mugwump » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 02:34

I was very excited to download X3 Albion prelude from steam today, but I was very dismayed to find that the achievements are listed at the start of the steam window and that they are also part of the menu in the game. For a game like “X” a lot of the open ended enjoyment is to explorer the game and find out what the game has to offer. Not to be given a list of what you haven’t done and pointing out parts of the plot line that you may not have played yet. Even more tell you how much percentage of the game you haven’t played yet!

If this game is to “Trade. Fight. Build. Think.”. Why am I being told how to play the game and to be reminded that I haven’t played it your way.

This achievement list go’s against the very ethos of the game

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 02:40

your not being told how to play the game.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

kotorone1
x3tc

Post by kotorone1 » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 07:33

That list of achievements was there in X3TC too, although it wasn't in an ingame menu. And how is that list of achievements any different than reading the forums, and reading a thread about a plot mission you haven't done? Just because something's on a menu doesn't mean you are by any means forced to read it? And if you think the achievement list is so against the heart of the game, then don't read it.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”