Split from "What do we miss" thread

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 16:59

Equal treating of Non-Steam users and those who do use Steam - GONE

A really sad direction ES is heading...

best regards,
Rhox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 17:11

Rhox wrote:Equal treating of Non-Steam users and those who do use Steam - GONE

A really sad direction ES is heading...

best regards,
Rhox
AP is available for purchase from gamersgate.com.

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 20:27

Nick Northern wrote:Rhox, I appreciate your opinion, but you do not speak for me. I love AP and everything about it that I have seen so far. I do not like steam, resent having to use it for games these days, but I had no problem with the purchase and download of AP. AP has not crashed or been slow on my very average computer. In effect, steam has not detracted from my experience on AP so far. I disagree with just about everything you are saying, as I think Egosoft really gave us all a huge gift in AP, which is basically a bunch of MODs and extra content.
It's not about performance problems, it's about their concept, they gather data about your gaming behavior.
No, you cannot play TC plots, but you get the AP plot and extra content like ships/stations and the stock market. I think of AP like an expansion for TC. Like Broodwar was for Starcraft, you don't play the same plot over again, you play a new one, with extra units and content ON TOP of all the origional ships/stations in TC. What is not to like?
Maybe you think of it as expansion because it is? :P
It was developed because it was felt that TC showed too little of the actual Terran Conflict taking place. There would have been a gap in information without AP.
You guys should be thanking them for giving us something we weren't even expecting, instead of complaining about so much extra content that comes at a cheap price.
So far I've heard NO one complaining about the extra content, it's more the marketing strategy which favours some users over others. In case no one noticed: I was very happy about AP and look forward to playing it. It just leaves an odd feeling when I think about the fact that some people (including me) will get it later than others as they have to wait for a box to be delivered.

hoping that this time the mods will not lock my views,
Rhox

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 05:47

Shootist wrote:AP is available for purchase from gamersgate.com.
This just made my day!!
Thank you!! :D :D :D

Edit: ahh... still requires Steam Download... :shock: k.. well...

Groosum
x3tc

Post by Groosum » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 08:03

Vim Razz wrote:
This just made my day!!

Actually Egosoft and Steam, gamersgate and everyone out there in or around this Game and addon made my day.

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 09:25

TerrorTrooper wrote:Ive found a few seemingly abandoned khaak ships around. But thus far have been unable to claim them. Rhox, a boxed version of ap will be available in the new year.

I too dislike steam, but understand it from a business point of view. It's a godsend for smaller vendors. Also, a dozen other various applications on your pc likely gather other info about you, gaming habits is hardly an infringement of your privacy. As such another martyred post on the evils of steam won't change what 90% of us already know and won't make developers take a clearly backwards business step.
I know that a boxed version will come, but as of now it's not decided whether that version will also require STEAM activation, so I'm staying pessimistic.
And of course it's understandable from ES's POV, I only find it sad that STEAM users get favoured a bit since patch 3.1.1 for TC came...
About STEAM: I simply don't want to partake in it, and I wished ES would respect such views by applying equal treatment to both STEAM users and non-Steam users.

best regards,
Rhox

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 13:52

Yes please forget about steam problems. focus on the game. Do note that X-games are always long haul games both in gameplay and in patch politics. i will keep a close watch on threads like this to decide if i will buy.
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 15:02

Groosum wrote:
Vim Razz wrote:
This just made my day!!

Actually Egosoft and Steam, gamersgate and everyone out there in or around this Game and addon made my day.
This is a valid point.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 17:52

About people having issues with steam. I do not like it myself, however it really is nothing to do with egosoft. Almost every single game there is now requires steam activation or some other client type jobber (that's generally more unstable and buggier than steam).
So stop blaming egosoft for something thats happening to the entire gaming industry quite frankly..

Look at the plus side, you can still play your games if/when you lose/scratch your CD/DVD...

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 18:00

Rhox wrote:hoping that this time the mods will not lock my views
Your views would not be locked if you didn't insist on posting them in just about every thread you contributed to. Everyone has got the message, and many of them are sick of hearing about it now. Respect their wish to discuss other topics for a change, and stick to discussing Steam in the Steam thread.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”