Laser Tower pickup mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Drockt1
x4

Laser Tower pickup mod

Post by Drockt1 » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 19:01

Does anyone know of a laser tower pickup mod that will work with AP ? I know MARS had something like this, but doubt MARS will work with AP, + i don't feel i need any of MARS's turret stuff with how good turrets are in AP.

And for anyone that hasn't noticed yet, look how sickly OP laser towers are now. 1 gig of shielding, VERY strong gun, for 150k.... Im still near the start of the game, only a few million credits, and i ride around in my TM, with 1 fighter, and 6 lasertowers... if i come up against a m2 or whatever, i just drop the laser towers, and they can kill ANY cap ship with no loss of towers... its crazy. If the cap ship has fighters tho it gets really interesting, cause the laser towers have trouble hitting the fighters, and sometimes forget to target the cap ship instead.

EDIT I always thought laser towers should be quite a bit stronger then they where. But i feel like they may actually be either to good now OR to mobile.. Im thinking laser towers need a install time.. nothing massively long or anything... like if you drop them they take 1 minute to set up or something. Right now i just use them as doppable cheap cap ship killers, then i pick them back up.

expnobody

Post by expnobody » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 19:49

i think MARS works fine in AP, only the weapon stats needs to be update (if they changed the weapon stats).
summer time..

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”