How to always buy/sell stock at the lowest/highest price

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dwar

How to always buy/sell stock at the lowest/highest price

Post by Dwar » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 21:33

Tired of selling your stock only to be disappointed that the price went up the next update? Or buying that new stock only to see the price continue to go down?

Never fear, if you learn these secrets you too can predict the future and never be wrong again!

There are some odd relationships in the stock prices that if you notice, can be used to maximize profits. The best one I have found so far is the relationship between construction equipment and Terran high tech goods.

They always move in the same direction. If construction equipment goes up, Terran high tech goods goes up and vice versa. Always, not usually, always.

So here is how you turn this into a crystal ball.
When stock prices are in the process of being updated, there is about a 3 second delay between when construction equipment is updated before Terran high tech goods is updated.

Looking at the Index value, if Construction equipment goes up(green arrow) sell Terran high tech goods. If Construction equipment goes down(red arrow) buy Terran high tech goods.

If you can't buy our sell because you already own or don't own the shares, do nothing!

Enjoy!(plz fix this egosoft)

Some other relationships I have noticed.
Luxury foodstuffs = medical equipment
Container = chemicals
Escape Pods = Passengers and move with Insecticide
Weapon interface chips moves with Terran high tech goods and Construction equipment

Sir Warwick
x4

Post by Sir Warwick » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 21:40

The funny thing about the stock exchange - trading is how I make my living in real life - but this just seems wierd.

Commodities trading is near useless other than as a means of hedging the rising price of a commodity your factories depend.

The reason is fairly simple - as you build more factories and start adding your warees into the economy - then prices will go down.

Now... if when prices hit rock bottom, you turing off NPC trading on all your factories, then time to make a killing off the commodities exchange.

Whats really missing is futures trading... Ie a way to maker a profit from falling pricess as well as rising prices.

As for stocks - just buy at index 99 - there are always some at this index - casnt fail to make a profit.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”